Awesome 3d portal?!?

Hello.
I was playing shuffle simulator and I found this weird portal.
I don’t know how it’s made but I think it has made with local scripts and cameras Someone Please tell me how to achieve this.

6 Likes

This is probably done using a viewport frame and some fancy math. I’m not the best when it comes to calculations like this but you could achieve this effect by having a viewport frame with all those circles within them and then angling and positioning the circles depending on the camera position and rotation relative to the viewport frame.

I don’t think it is a viewport since they used only gui and moved it.

1 Like

And if it is, how would you code that?

1 Like

Hello. Im not a scripter but I know a little about viewport frames. I think it uses a 3D object and it has a viewport frame inside of a viewport frame going infinite. It looks like my obs recorder when I record inside of my recorder.

I don’t really know what the details of the script part but it sounds hard. Are you a scripter by any chance?

looks like a surface gui with multiple transparent image labels stacked inside. then they get offset depending on the way they’re sorted relative to your character’s camera position. that’s what makes them look 3d.

no need for any viewport frames, just a bunch of images and some simple math - maybe using dot product to get the angle and then multiplying it depending on the percieved depth you want to give each image

3 Likes

This is it, just simple images getting offset based on how inside are they of theportal.

2 Likes

You should know that you cannot put a viewport frame in a viewport friend

What about providing songs in a math

1 Like

What about providing examples on how to do that?

1 Like