Awful developer here, I need help!

Hello, there.

I recently took Roblox’s Laser Tag, and basically gave it a little touch-up, by changing the sounds of the gunshot, added clouds, music, etc. I am a brand-new developer, and I know NOTHING about scripting. At the moment, I really just want to know how to change a couple of simple things, that I cannot yet understand how to do.

After changing one side’s colors, I noticed that the forcefields that prevent other teams from entering in, aren’t allowing the team it is assigned at, to pass through.

I also would like to know how to remove this from popping up every time the client starts the place up.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 7.39.51 PM

Thank you, please let me know what changes I should make.

{Edit: (ON HALT, CURRENTLY BROKEN) Laser Legends - Roblox}

The admin thing is a free model that automatically makes that pop up, just delete the things from that model and it should stop (specifically check the startergui for something to do with HD admin and delete that)

In order to make the forcefields work correctly you would make a script that detects what team the player is on and if they are on the corresponding team, set cancollide to false.

You would do this using an “if” statement. An example of an if statement would be:

If A == B then
print(“Yay”)
else
print(“NOOOOO”)
end

If you have any additional questions, please ask! But i hope this helps

Did roblox seriously just add HD admin? Thanks for the free donor! Now I can become thanos and burn people with my tall head with laser-eyes!

Seriously… Roblox needs to realize these secrets.

2 Likes

That’s amazing, thank you very much!

1 Like

happy to have helped you! :smiley: :+1: