Awkward alignment in a horizontal ScrollingFrame scrollbar

I bet you can see the problem already.

The TopImage, BottomImage, and MidImage is all a 1x1 white pixel.

This is resizing the viewport:
https://i.gyazo.com/786fe1de511c6710f45300cabc96e489.mp4

Notice how at some window sizes there is a 1 pixel gap in the left of the bar, and the others, the middle bar is raised 1 pixel up.

Repo:
Create a ScrollingFrame in a ScreenGui.
Size {0.6, 0},{0.6, 0}
CanvasSize {5, 0},{0, 0}
Set TopImage, BottomImage, and MidImage to a 1x1 white pixel image
ScrollBarThickness 5 (in this example)

Studio version is 0.338.0.307917 (64bit).

13 Likes

Thanks for reporting this! We’ll look into the issue.

7 Likes

This bug shows for me in Studio also, but it goes away in-game. I have overlooked it as long as it doesn’t happen in-game, otherwise I would have reported it a while ago.

4 Likes

Almost a year later and this bug still hasn’t been fixed. Please fix it. It happens in-game as well as in studio, and there seems to be no work-around other than to create your own lua-based scrollbar.

5 Likes

This is still an issue for me.
At this point I’m considering avoiding ScrollingFrames entirely and using my own custom solution. Horizontal scrolling frames are behaving very horribly for me, and are also very stuttery when I scroll them:

5 Likes

Still not fixed, ruins the UI!

5 Likes

Still not fixed, this makes horizontal scrolling frames look ugly.

Could we get an update on this? It has been nearly 2 years since this bug was reported.

5 Likes

My UI looks absolutely horrible when using horizontal Scrolling Frames. I can see this in other games as well, like Jailbreak’s Gun Shop GUI.

Could we have an update in this? Doesn’t necessarily have to be fixed, but a follow-up saying that it’s still being worked on, or that engineers still haven’t had the chance to look into this would be nice.

It isn’t a game breaking issue, but really ruins the look of your UI when having a horizontal scroll bar in a menu. It’s even more awkward when the individual scroll bar parts start wiggling as it’s being scrolled. Then it just looks really bad.

https://streamable.com/h3jzzn

2 Likes

Bump. This is still not fixed, and completely ruins how my UI looks.

3 Likes

Another bump, somehow this is still an issue and is constantly affecting me.

1 Like

This I still not fixed, 2 years ago and this is still happening to me. Sorry for bumping but it ruins my UI

1 Like

It’s still not fixed, and it has been over 2 years now.

3 Likes

I can confirm it’s still happening. In the image the middle part of the scrollbar does not align with the top and bottom part… Hoping for a fix.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how a 1 pixel offset on a scroll bar can ruin the look of the entire ui
please fix this…

3 Likes

had this issue for a long time and its still present. hopefully it will get noticed this time. (bump)

1 Like

Well this is annoying - please fix!

Happens in studio & in-game. Using Windows PC and Samsung monitor [LF27T850QWRXXU].

1 Like

This bug is still occurring and still embarrassing.

2 Likes

Of course, 3 years after I last attempted implementing a horizontal ScrollingFrame, the same deal-breaking bug is still there. Please fix this already.

1 Like

Hi, we recently enabled a fix related to this, do you guys mind checking if it fixes your own use case? Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.