Awkward map cutoff

I’m trying to make the ends of my games map less awkward. I used to have a force field that blocked players from accessing the end of the map, but it was just awkward and ugly. I’m expanding the map upwards so the force field isn’t really an option, but I can’t figure out how to close the ends of the map off without it being wicked awkward

That’s what the end of the streets look like. Here’s the game if you’d like to see what the rest of the map looks like for context

How can I close of the ends of the street off so it doesn’t look completely whack?

1 Like

You could try fog. Also wrong category.

Fog could work, I’ll give it a try.

I thought that since I was asking for help and feedback on my game the Help and Feedback category would be the correct place to put this. Where would you advise I move it?

I believe #help-and-feedback:building-support
Creation feedback is for feedback on your creation. If you want critiques not help.

the fog worked really nicely! took some trial and error because I don’t usually work with fog but I really like how it turned out. Thank you for the suggestion!

I would suggest adding objects like cars or cones to block the road off along with the fog.

1 Like

it helps the end to the map environmentally make sense, i really like how it turned out. Thank you!!

i really need to spend more time outside :skull:

1 Like

also, way super off topic but I always geek out whenever you reply or like one of my posts here :sob: your work is amazing and you’ve inspired me so much to keep getting better as a builder, so thank you for that. I don’t think I would be anywhere near where I am without your subtle influence. have a nice night man

3 Likes

Thank you. It means a lot that you say that. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I had the same problem recently.

The solution I got was to increase the blur the farther you are away, so the player can’t really see. And on top of this, an invisible wall, so the player can’t really go near or see what’s going on.

Fog would work to cover it up, or just finish a bit more of the map.

it still looked a bit awkward so I put some fake buildings in the background to make it seem more packed and city-like

1 Like

Wow that looks even better! Great job friend! Main thing I suggest is to add lights coming from the streetlamps and lit up windows and set there brightness to whatever looks proportionate to the setting. Might make it look even more realistic. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like