Axis Indicator - A new, better selector for your developing needs!

Axis Indicator v2.1

Install | Source | Creator

The Axis Indicator is a plugin brought to you by Dev Equip, giving you a brand new, and better selector inspired by Blender, a 3D modeling software.

This plugin is open-sourced and both downloads for the plugin & source can be found at the bottom of this post!

Preview

Axis Indicator has a few features that include:

• Start-up on the last state
  • Move using Mouse Button 1 to your custom position
  • Display the positive and negative directions of each Axis
  • Pressing on an Axis head/rear, will force your camera to look in its direction
  • Orientated with the global axis.

The following is planned for the future:

• Local Orientated axis (average selected object axis)
  • Custom coloring, shapes
  • 4th dimensional axis.
  • Much More…

• Install via the creator store: Install
  • Download Source Code: Download
Download Source ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ | ‎ ‎ ‎ 🟢 ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Modify Source ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ | ‎ ‎ ‎ 🟢 ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Re-Distribute ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ | ‎ ‎ ‎ 🔴 ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎

⭐ Guides

⭐ Latest Update

13 Likes

Thank You, this will help me :heart:

1 Like

What we realy need is a blender type movement where u can move accors entire x y z axis

2 Likes

Do you mean the G + X, G + Shift X? I’m down to make that if that’s what you’re talking about!

will there be resizing options? seems kinda big to me

Yea we just resized it due to those complaints, we are currently busy with the settings dock, which indeed has a resize option :+1:

Quick Notice

For those experiencing incorrect active states from the last session or inconsistent active states between separate studio windows, we’re currently busy syncing them :+1:

The message above has been fixed, don’t have to worry about desyncing anymore!

no i mean like the squares next to the resize lines. Where it allows you to drag the thing across the lets say y axis. The squares show in the photo show what i mean

I understand what you meant, that’s something I can add for an update :+1:

Fixed a bunch of positions sometimes classifying as nil without any protections against them.

This system does it well so you could base if off this or something idk

⭐ Update ⭐

Install | Source | Creator
Axis Indicator has received a major update, which fixes a few bugs and adds a lot of new features! This update has the priority of user customizability and fixing all bugs.

‎ ‎

:art: Stylesheets

Customize your Axis Indicator using JSON files!

• Press the new style button
  • Locate your file
  • Select & Open it
Presets (Can download at Source -> StyleSheets)

Neon
Toy
Noob
Inverted
Blender

:computer: User Settings

Add extra features within the userSettings table in the stylesheet JSON files!

• Scale will resize the plugin using x/y of the given scale: "0x0"
  • Coordinate will display your camera position, and is editable to move to a certain position!

Coordinate

⭐ Setup Guide ⭐

This is a quick guide for installing the Axis Indicator.
  1. Download Plugin
  2. Head to the Plugins Tab within Roblox Studio
  3. Enable the plugin if its not already

⭐ Utilizing The Axis Indicator ⭐

Here is a quick tutorial on how to use axis indicator without styles.

• You’re able to move the indicator around by rotating your viewport camera Right-Click.

• You can press on X, Y, Z to view from their perspective based on your position.

• You can press on -X, -Y, -Z to view from their negative perspective based on your position.

• You’re able to move the whole GUI by Right-Click on the white background.