Back Button Does Not Save Draft In Bug Report Wizard

Description
As I found out the hard way, if the back button is clicked on the bug report wizard, nothing that was written is saved internally or as a draft. This is an issue, as users may click the back button without knowing that it will erase their entire bug report. Even worse, and in my case, you may accidently press back instead of done when you have completed your bug report, as the two are directly beside each other with little space in between. To resolve this, I strongly recommend either saving it as a draft when back is pressed, or adding a confirmation prompt that warns users of their impending doom. In addition to a confirmation prompt, I recommend moving the back button to the left side of the frame, as that is the standard in UX and will provide necessary spacing.

buttons

Reproduction
Constantly

1. Enter bug report wizard
  2. Select problem area from dropdown
  3. Select next to advance to page 2
  4. Enter information into each field
  5. Select back to return to page 1
  6. Select next to advance back to page 2
  7. Observe that all entered information has been erased and has not been saved as a draft

Problem Area
https://devforum.roblox.com/w/bug-report/steps/step_2

Workarounds
None

Browser Information

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Hire me for QA

1 Like

I’ve reported this to the vendor, but please note that this is likely not intended behavior of the wizard (it normally only saves the page when you navigate to the next page, and page 2 happens to be the last page). We’ll consider this as a feature request for that reason.

1 Like