Back frame of UI turns invisible at random times

Hey, so I actually just noticed this now. I’ll send you a link to a Gyazo gif of the problem, and you’ll notice how the back frame turns invisible/visible at random times…I haven’t changed a thing, and in Studio when I tested it, the frame often becomes visible again when I resize my Studio bars, like Explorer, or etc, which confirms this is not on my end.

So here it is:

https://gyazo.com/40405685408a4052d2d4421fb13ff431

This really brings down the smoothness of the entire UI menu, and unfortunately there’s nothing I can do about it. Other details include I’m tweening a frame inside of that frame that goes invisible, and that frame that goes invisible does clip descendants, so when it tweens to a different frame you don’t see the other frames, if that makes sense.

I’d assume it’s a problem on Roblox end regarding ClipDescendants. But it’s annoying, I also tried selecting other frame styles besides DropShadow, same issue.

If any moderator or personnel could tell me if this has already been a noted problem, that would be fantastic. If not, I’d highly like them to look into this.

Thanks.

Game link: https://www.roblox.com/games/746366627/Strike-Bowling-Simulator-BETA

1 Like

Another note, I was not sure at all where to put this post, I didn’t think it belonged in the Studio Bugs section, and I couldn’t really find a more general discussion regarding possible Roblox bugs overall. So forgive me if this is the wrong forum, and if anyone would like to call me out on that, I’d highly appreciate if you could link me to the right section. Thanks!

This is probably due to the recent UI update that just went live. You should probably submit it as a bug

Typical Roblox, I really saw this coming a mile away to be honest.

I might actually do that, how can I go about doing that though??

If you DM or tag a Top Contributor they’ll change it for you.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that, if you could clarify that’d be much appreciated. Thanks!

Can you add a link to the game to your post?

This post was posted into Scripting Support, as a member you are able to change this but as a new member you need to ask a top contributor (like @TheGamer101) to change the section this post is in to bug reports at your request.

[Also, put that link in the OP as well]

1 Like

Gotcha. Will do, much appreciated!

We had to disable the new system for now, so this issue should no longer be occurring. I’ll look into fixing the issue for the next time we enable the new system.

What exactly do you think we could have done better here? It would take thousands of years for QA to test all 60 million games before releasing a feature. Realistically, no amount of engineering foresight or QA testing would have caught this.

2 Likes

Much appreciated!

Forgive me for such a sentence, I’ve just had a history of such events taking place.

I have a fix for this issue which will be included the next time we turn on the new system.

Wonderful! Thanks for looking into this. :slight_smile: