Back with another art!

Hello, I hope that you are doing great!
Just made another art but this time from Bethink’s character.
I’d like to get some feedback so I can improve my skills!

Thanks for reading :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Really good piece!
Very clean line work and unique style!
I do have a few critiques though.

1: First thing that stands out is that this character doesn’t have ears? It may intentional or an accident but it throws the piece off a bit and stands out quite a lot.

2: Detail. I really like the simplicity of this piece but I think that some things could have more detail. Main things are the eyes and hair. With the eyes, a simple pupil and highlight would really make them pop. With the hair a few smaller lines in between the main shape would add more to it.

3: Shading. Without shading the piece looks a bit flat and 2 dimensional. A way to improve this is shading. By adding some basic shading this could instantly become 10x more clean. I think a shadow on the right of the face and under the neck would really help it feel more 3 dimensional.

4: Tiny Mistakes. These are just a few tiny things I’ve noticed. First the hair, on the left the hair stops before it reaches the edge of the head, this is easily fixable by just connecting the hairline to the edge of the face. Lastly the shirt. Most of it looks really clean and I can easily tell what’s what, the only place I can’t is on the left. It seems there is a diamond shape at the start of the sleeve / edge of the shoulder? It looks a bit like odd. If you removed the right side of the shape it would look more like a crease / fold (which I think it is meant to look like).

But aside from that, very nice piece and I can’t wait to see more work of yours!
-Vanilla

4 Likes

I love this so much! But I feel like you should lower the head and maybe give the character ears. The hand on the cup is somewhat confusing but otherwise this is amazing, keep going!

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed feedback, I’ll try to improve my next art using these points.

Sincerely,
3MASTER9

Anytime. Can’t wait to see more art from you!

I really like this drawing! It’s very clean and nice.

Most of the errors have already been covered by other people, but the placement of the hair/head is a little off-putting. The hair looks like the character should be facing more towards the camera, but the character is facing a little bit more to the side. This makes the hair kind of look like an oddly placed wig; the forehead and hairline look a bit unnatural.

The head is also placed too far forward. The neck is supposed to connect closer to the back of the head, with the chin protruding out more.

Other than that, nice work! I really like the clean lineart.

1 Like