Backrooms Game Idea (Help)

Kane Pixels didn’t create it but he has done the most for the story and brought the most original ideas that you would never think to come up with.

I don’t understand how my concept is at all like Slenderman? Slenderman is when you find pages in a forest. My concept is you literally are hired by a secret organization, and have to take pictures and document places until something happens and you are lost, you go through levels and complete hard puzzles, all to get back to the start.

1 Like

Kane Pixels was a smart kid who brought the backrooms back to life because the Backrooms fans drove it to the ground. The only ideas he has had, the I wanted to use, was a company, but the company I’d make, would be NOTHING like Kane Pixels.

Also, that game you linked, how is that ANYTHING like my concept?

1 Like

Well, you’re wrong on BOTH aspects. You cannot pull off inverse kinematics out of a free model, nor can you use footstep-sensing sound effects in a free model, along with a shop system, objective system and velocity controller.
And NO, Evade does NOT have crappy builds. It’s not mostly based on its graphics, but its gameplay. Heck, some of the builds look pretty large-scale. And almost all of them are not half-bad.

The chill concept is better on paper.
The horror concept is ok, but maybe you could bring something new to the table.

I think Concept 2 is better as It does stand out more than just:
Survive in scary location.

I would much rather play Concept 2 than Concept 1,but Concept 2 also has problems in delivering the story.I think Backrooms are very overused in Roblox at the moment,with the rise of horror games like Doors.Games made around a story are great,but they rarely feel like the story is the main focus driving the game,it all feels like a coincidence that you happen to be hired by the company and that you happen to get lost.

2 Likes

I like the sound of the second one, I’d love to see the lore or a gameplay about it and it seems interesting too!

2 Likes

I think the second one sounds interesting. Are you making it like a story with chapters or more open gameplay? I think maybe more of just the idea of being a normal photographer that finds their way into a mysterious circumstance.

1 Like

Cool game idea, but you asked for help and I’m going to give it to you.

Concept = cool. Problem? No one is going to play this game, and if they do it will be for a few minutes since there isnt a solid plot. You seem to be all over the place with these ideas.

Doors and evade use different concepts, and this game is more avante garde and probably shouldn’t be compared.

The backrooms is a very overused game and i would try to do something else.

I didnt ask for peoples opinions on why I shouldn’t make this game, i asked which concept I should use, they started it all.

The problem with Backrooms games now is that the ROBLOX community has already pretty much innovated every aspect of the Backrooms ARG. There is not much to go off of The Backrooms when it is all liminal spaces and glorified walking simulators with a monster or puzzle every now and then. Unless you can think of some super wacky (but interesting, innovative, and playable) idea, it’d probably be best to hang up the idea and scrap it.

However, there are alot more genres of games that are lacking on the platform in which you could introduce an idea without being drowned out by millions of carbon copies of a game. Although I really can’t think of some off the top of my head this late at night, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a genre you may be passionate about that is not a prominent market on the platform.

There are hundreds of games detailing this exact concept. I have to agree with @andywarhola when he says to not do this. It could be a success but with all the new and unique horror games, you barely have a chance.

HOWEVER. I’d play your second game, it seems like a good concept if you get the lore right. Something I hate is that people’d purposely put bogus lore into the backrooms story because they can’t write analog horror. Be careful with this concept, it can turn out amazing or a huge waste of time.