Backrooms Level 0: Feedback

Hello, Everyone!

Long time I have not been here and if you guys aren’t remembered, I’m working on a backrooms project. I’ve already released 3 topics about it(Yes, i really did!) talking about bugs, modeling and achieving realism with lighting and how it can be achieved.

However, this is beside the point… The point is that I kinda “Achieved” some “Realism” compared to when I had made the topic and I need some Feedback about it, and who knows, some help to how improve more and more!

This is what I reached so far:

Before:

Now:

I know it is not that good, I hope I made it a little better than it was before…

Problems:

• I know Lights are “SpotLight” Class instead of “SurfaceLight” Class, but when I put it “Surface” Shadows are so bugged I can’t understand, for example: Shadows appearing from nowhere and for no reason.

• I know walls are more green to yellow, I’ll fix. Also lights are not correctly in ceiling, I’ll fix.

Any other bug, tell me!

Please, give me feedback and tips. Thank you!

24 Likes

This is a solo project. (30 lol)

4 Likes

I really recommend you changing the light, cause it doesnt give me the actual “horror” vibes, try using new technologies and sources with volumetric lights just like this

(In-game screenshot)
Example:

13 Likes

I’ll do my best! How can I do something like volumetric Light?

3 Likes

may you help? Guess my problem is a little because PBR textures

3 Likes

The lighting is absolutely sick!!
But considering the fact that you are using textures for the walls and roofs , I think they will look better if you made their material fabric so they wouldn’t reflect all that light from the lamps.

5 Likes

Sure! Thank you for the tip, I’ll make advantage 'bout that, thank you for the feedback :smiley:

Now I’m working to find Volumetric Light.

3 Likes

if you’re using pbr texture for the ceiling i would suggest making its roughness more intense in the seams since the light reflection is quite smooth

2 Likes

Unfortunately the PBR I got do not have a roughness :confused:. I was planning changing the PBR texture to another one that contains a Roughness, I was going to do that because Roughness is important to the realism. Apart of that, the game is good? Thank you!

3 Likes

looks pretty good, would be nice to have some small amounts of fog though otherwise good job

2 Likes

Thank you Icy! I’ll see what I can do so far!! :melting_face:

3 Likes

?

Tell me if the new texture I made is cool and if the Roughness is also cool.

5 Likes

What about the illumination on the Ceiling now? Realistic?

5 Likes

Pretty nice. I’d also recommend using post processing lighting effects to create a sort of blur

4 Likes

Thank you! I am using Post processing lighting effects @KristinaMoment, I just don’t know how to make it good.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I will try to add some kind of blur. More than it already has XD

2 Likes

Just going to make a new map and try out new lighting settings guys, I will make it brighter and more backrooms like. Any thoughts I am here to listen ;>

3 Likes

Should I make the map on the Blender though?

1 Like

The lighting looks good. I like the style of it and how the game looks. Nice job on it!

2 Likes