Bad or Good Proportions

Just wanted some quick feedback, Im working on a custom character and I saw I had a bunch of extra “material” so I stretched out the torso a bit so the hands are level with the hips but now its not looking right to me so before I rig it all together I wanted some feedback, In red is the original and yellow is the stretched version

Proportionizing.PNG

Now Im not sure if the whole this looks wrong or if Im overthinking it

4 Likes

If you’re going for a more humanoid look, I’d suggest making the legs longer in proportion to the arms or to make the hands lie slightly below the hips like in the red version.

1 Like

The arms are shorter then the legs, its just the angle

Reduce neck length. Seems too much.

1 Like

I like the neck length, gives the robotic feel im going for

1 Like

I think the red one looks more natural. It’s fairly rare that the torso is as tall as the yellow one is relative to the legs - especially as I’d consider both spheres to be part of the torso measurement.

I’d stick with the red, but the yellow isn’t completely unfeasible if you personally prefer it.

What do you mean by the extra material that drove stretching out the torso?

2 Likes

oh I just had like a whole extra studs worth of the middle segments so I stretched it out to see how it would look but yeah I might just work on the middle parts individually instead of just doing the whole thing

take scale reference from this picture.
human

An average humanoid rig size B)
Also, i think red looks better then the stretched one

2 Likes

Yeah ive decided to go with red, modified it a bit to make it more my liking (and fixed the hand because the right hand was backwards)

1 Like

I think that red is better proportion than the yellow one, but both look cool

They’re… Tall. Might wanna make them a bit shorter and give the head a bit more texture or detail.

1 Like

The propositions are pretty dire, especially the waist, limbs and neck. You need to make them shorter.

their about three times the size of a normal character but that lets me get better details without working on a 0.001 scale so, meh