Bad Request on Talent Hub

This is a support category for asking questions about how to get something done on the Roblox websites or how to do something on Roblox applications such as Roblox Studio.

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to achieve that this bug does not happen again

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

Sometimes when I submit an application to a user it has like a 50/50 chance that it does not send and it says “Bad Request”

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

Restarting Talent Hub, writing shorter applications, tried different words that could be flagged such as bug or fix I have tried a lot of solutions. Yes, I did look for solutions but I did not find any.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

2 Likes

You can try logging in and out of your account to see if it fixes anything.

It still does not fix the issue it still says “Bad Request”

Bumping. This is still an issue. I’ve applied to 3 jobs and this issue occurred with 2 of the 3 applications.

Replicate the issue while Developer Tools are open in your browser: (Can be shown with the key combo of Ctrl + Shift + I)
When you get the Bad Request error, click on the latest request that has the status code of HTTP 400, take a look at the Response section and tell us what the response error is.

Roblox engineers have a habit of not writing full forward-facing errors for users. :hidere:

Hmm.
I was able to find a 404 fetch for the profile (of the other player) which prints the following.

{"errors":[{"code":"BadRequestEnum","message":"Bad request"}]}.

I do not see any errors with the status 400, only (failed), (blocked:other), 403 and 404.

I also am not able to find the Response filtering option like you do, but maybe I’m looking over it out of blindness…

Roblox API try to be RESTful challenge (Impossible)

Yeah they haven’t written why the request had actually failed, try these:

• Log out and log back in verifying that you are not using any sort of proxy or VPN (Some ISPs like Virgin Media proxy requests randomly)
  • Purge your cookies, differs from browser to browser but you can usually find the option when you click on the padlock icon:
    And a button named similar to “Clear cookies and site data…
  • Do a hard reload to discard the cached page, the key combo to do this is usually Ctrl + F5

This does not get rid of the error.

Neither does this.

This seemed to just refresh the page, but it did do something. Although, no success in getting rid of the error.

I have no more ideas but these two:

• Use a different network and see if the same problem happens, you can disconnect from your WiFi/Ethernet and use your phone as a hotspot
  • Try to use a different browser, most browsers are Chromium nowadays so it’s best to also test with Firefox and Edge or Chrome

Instead of just switching networks, I logged into the Talent Hub on my phone and switching my WiFi off to go on my data. Even then, it still gives me the same error message.

I use OperaGX, but switched to Chrome to try, yielding no success.

OperaGX is a Chromium-based browser, see video.
I’d recommend temporarily installing Firefox and testing it.

Possibly an issue with your account, you’ll have to contact support at this rate as I’ve exhausted all my possible solutions. :sad:

Well I thank you nonetheless for sharing a bit of knowledge with me. I’ll chase support about this issue at hand, and if I even hear back or something is discovered, I will return and notify this topic.

1 Like