Badge Award Pop-up UI Incorrect

Bottom right corner pop-up UI displays:
(this is the actual badge)

I tested it out in another game and had the same result: image
(And this is the actual badge)

Simple repo - get a badge, see what the UI displays. Happened 3/3 times when I tried it, the first pop-up I didn’t have time to take a screen shot as I wasn’t expecting it. I’ve noticed this starting today.

At the request of @buildthomas , I also would like to feature request that badges instead just show the Badge Awarded line, followed by the name of the badge (in this case, Robot Destroyer). I don’t need to see my username there, I know I won it, and I don’t need to see the name of the user/game who awards the badge because I know what game I’m playing - both are redundant information.

28 Likes

Support for the feature request. I have been dying to have the option to further customize achievements.

1 Like

I think the badge system could do with some improvements!

1 Like

Full support, your points are 100% valid. I honestly think there need to be even more improvements to the whole built-in awarding system.

1 Like

100% Support from me.

I have a badge that is given when a player joins the game for the first time, about 9000 people have gotten it so far, but it doesn’t pop up saying they got it, like they used to do

1 Like

The suggestion is really nice. I don’t get why the creator & player’s name is there, considering the person getting the badge is the only one who sees the notification. Maybe the badge icon could also replace the generic ribbon? That’s probably more personal preference though.

1 Like

Please file it as a separate bug report with repro place since it is a different issue.

I noticed this yesterday, can reproduce.

thanks for the report! We do in fact want to spend some time on notifications in game, but no timeline as to when to expect to see something change.

For this particular bug, when did this start occurring? I assume you used to see something different in the text, or has it always been this broken?

I only noticed this yesterday - though Younite above says that it’s been at least two days now. I’m sure others might be able to say an earlier date, based on comments on a tweet I saw and how people were already aware of the bug. Before this bug, it’d say

Badge Awarded
Aotrou won [developer name]'s “[badge name]” award!

Sorry I can’t give a more exact timeline (since I’m sure that’d go a long way to help find the issue) - I don’t play games very often.

That helps! We will look into this

2 Likes

Is this still happening or only happening in certain games? I can’t reproduce using the badges in this game:

It might be exclusive to group games, since the Rolantis event is on a group and this issue happens there.

EDIT: never mind, didn’t see temple of memories linked in the first post which clearly isn’t a group game.

We have reproduced this issue and are investigating what caused it. It seems to only be happening to specific user accounts.

1 Like

This issue seems to have not been fixed yet. I noticed that the badge notification text was incorrect about a week or so ago. I logged into a couple other accounts of mine and they seemed to have had the correct badge text.

Any update on this issue?

I have been seeing this in a lot of games that award badges… It still awards the badge but the text is wrong.

1 Like

badge
It’s the same for all badges I get.

I have a fix for this issue that will be released in around 2 weeks.

9 Likes

Thank you for your dedication - and to all the engineers who may have helped! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.