Baked Lighting "Engine" - Update 1

what are the plugins that you have?

Hi, this example is from 2022! I will upload a new version once radiosity engine is released

1 Like

Hi! I don’t have a fixed release date at the moment. Work on the project has slowed down since I’ve started college, but a repo is now available on github that is a WIP! It can be found here: GitHub - Razorboot/radiosity_engine_luau: A full Radiosity-based Baked Lighting Implementation using LuaU.

A place file is not available yet though! You can place the RadiosityEngine folder in ServerScriptService, as well as main.lua

1 Like

Oops! I may have forgotten to fill out a script. I’ll work on this later and update the GitHub repo

Hmm, it appears like the code was implemented successfully. Did you download the scripts correctly? Maybe copy and paste the code directly into Module scripts. Everything inside RadiosityManager is a module. main.lua is a regular server side script.

An example place file has been added to the github repo! May work on a guassian blur to smooth out the noise.

your place file is still broken and creates in error when you click play

Do not hit play! Render the scene with ”Run”. EditableImage is not released yet for Server to Client replication, which is why I haven’t released the system yet fully! I’ll make sure to add this in the Read Me as well

2 Likes

that doesnt change anything i still get the error even when i just click run

Hm I’m not sure what it could be. I’ll check the place file tomorrow! What does the error say in your output?

it says The currently executing script thread is not associated with an Actor even though the script is parented to an Actor. This may indicate the current thread was created prior to the script being parented under an Actor. this happens when i hit run OR play in the place file without changing anything

I’m sorry for this issue! I just downloaded the place file from the repository and experimented with it. I appears to work for me! It may be your Studio Beta Settings. Can you double check and make sure if all options are enabled?

1 Like

An early release is now on devforum! EditableImage Baked Lighting: (Raytraced Global Illumination + Soft Shadows)