Ban API, The potential issue of soft-locking yourself, by not being able to unban yourself

This is a bug sure, but why are people banning themselves lol. It’s just…

It’s a nature.

It’s curiosity, and it’s also to test the Quality.

When I decided to do it, I knew that there would be a way to unban myself, but I never expected the worst workaround ever.

The bigger issue is this

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/long-existing-roproxy-dilemma-while-requestinternal-is-used-by-roblox-roblox-is-adding-cloud-api-which-is-a-roblox-resource-btw-hmmmm/3071661

You could unban yourself in Studio. If you’d know the method name for the OpenCloudService. But I’d rather be more happy if there’s a something where you can access ROBLOX Resources without Credentials and Cookies attached automatically.

1 Like

I’m confused. Couldn’t you just ask a friend to join?

Well, if you accidentally banned yourself what is the best thing you can do?

Um, just came back to ask if this has been fixed yet?

This got integrated to Creator Hub, so yeah I guess it’s fixed since you now can unban yourself there?

2 Likes

Alright, thank you for the help vapour.

Why am I able to unban expired bans

Is there a way to give other players access to the bans dashboard on the roblox game page in the creator hub? Like if i have admins in my game they dont have access to the dashboard.

They need edit access to the game

edit access?? i can give play access freely, but not edit,
i guess roblox need a system like roles in a group you can change what a user can do to a experience like edit game, edit title, edit access to category like bans.

The person needs to be on your friends list before you can give them edit access (unless you’re using group roles to determine who can edit)

1 Like

its not working i have edit permissions but i also cannot see the dashboard button

Screenshot 2024-08-17 152757

Never mind, it seems like the creator hub bans page only appears if you were given edit access via the “Create and edit group experiences” permission in a group, not if you were just given team create edit access.

1 Like