Ban Glitch Avatars

Hey there, I wanna ask if I can ban these weird glitchy avatars?

image_2023-10-30_144426235

people are joining my game with these avatars and my game is getting unplayable because of it :frowning:
all I would need would be something that would scale the players to normal size…

Ty!

3 Likes

Why’s the game unplayable with it? I’m pretty sure you could just delete CharacterMeshes inside a CharacterAppearenceLoaded event:

local players = game:GetService("Players")

players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
    player.CharacterAppearenceLoaded:Connect(function(character)
        for index, child in character:GetChildren() do
            if child:IsA("CharacterMesh") then
                child:Destroy()
            end
        end
    end)
end)

If you don’t want people to not be able to have any CharacterMesh but just for those avatars, then I think you can check for the CharacterMesh’s ID in the if statement.

2 Likes

It’s unplayable since its murder vs survivors game and the survivors can just bug into small places etc. since they have smaller hitboxes

1 Like

You could probably store a list of unwanted body part/bundle IDs and when a user joins the game check their HumanoidDescription to make sure there aren’t any body parts using these meshes, otherwise replacing them with one of Roblox’s default blocky parts… While it’s tedious and you’ll probably have to continue updating this, it’s a bit better than setting the body part IDs in the game settings.

Although that choice is up to you.

2 Likes

What about, giving players your own custom Rig, and just copy some HumanoidDescription data from theirs and apply it to your custom one. So everyone are running under your own Rig that seems like their own avatar

1 Like

Btw, you can change between internal or external collisions in the Avatar section of the GameSettings settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.