BannerUI - A new, modern way to moderate games

Forgot to include this in my reply, but all menus now use a bulk process system, where you can add as many players as you want to perform an action on at the same time.

(On a more random note, did they change the color of the UI Designer badge?)

That’s indeed a much better UX! I’ve used plenty of “modern, next-level admin systems” but this one is the first that tackles inefficiencies.

Just a small tip, I think it’s aesthetically better to use the full height, so that the “kick button” aligns with the “Settings” button.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback! I’ll change that to make the UI look nicer. :wink:

Updated look of the menu:

2 Likes

Hello! While I’m working on the next update, it would be amazing if you could please answer the polls below.

What method did you use to install BannerUI?
  • Plugin
  • Manual

0 voters

Would you prefer if installing BannerUI became plugin-only (with a setup wizard), or stayed as-is?
  • Plugin-only with setup wizard
  • Manual and plugin options

0 voters

What BannerUI Theme do you use?
  • Dark Theme
  • Light Theme

0 voters

It’s testing time!

BannerUI V2 now has a public Roblox testing place. Some functionality is disabled (banning), for obvious reasons.

THE VERSION SHOWN IN THE TESTING PLACE IS NOT FINAL, AND STILL IN PROGRESS.
EXPECT MISSING FUNCTIONALITY AND BUGS.

Play it here:

I like it a lot, it’s sleek and straight to the point. Especially the animations makes it feel responsive!

Just a few ideas while you’re developing it:

• Implement UserInputService:GetFocusedTextBox()
    When pressing Enter or Tab on the Reason field, it should focus on the username field
    When pressing Enter on the username field, it should add the user to the list

• Add an autocomplete, but not a forced one
    When typing a username, it should bring up a list of players in the server based on what you type. You can click on the suggestion (or evt. press Enter if the autocomplete is open) and it’ll add the username to the list.
    But don’t force it to a username in the server! It would be great if BannerUI could send warnings/kicks/bans across all servers

• Warnings should have to be acknowledged
    When a warning is sent, it should open up a dialog (with background blur) containing the reason. Only after a delay (like 5 seconds) can they press the “I acknowledge” button.
    Eventually, if they didn’t acknowledge the warning and rejoin, it should pop up the same warning until they acknowledge it.

About your previous poll between manual/plugin, I think an installer in the Command Bar would be great.

For example, to install BannerUI V1, put require(16295774644)() in your Command Bar:

If you don’t see the Command Bar, enable it under the View tab.

Source: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/16295774644/BannerUIV1-Installer

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the incredible feedback! I love all those ideas, and I will make sure to add them before release. The warning system right now is temporary, until I can throw together a UI that matches the main panel UI.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Suggestions I have for this mod panel:

• Bring players or teleport to them.
  • Customize player’s appeareance with particles, transparency and colour.
  • Fast command search GUI or chat commands (I prefer search gui idea to keep the ‘admin panel’ concept).
  • Making servers private (no one can join) and jailing.
  • Global and server shutdowns.
  • Non-wide messages and colorcodes on messages/announcements.
  • Hints (messages that appear below the roblox topbar).
  • Audio playing widely.
  • Managing ingame tools.
  • Easy-to-add custom commands.
  • Countdowns and Alarms.
  • Polls.
  • Flight/Noclip (either toggleable or forced).
  • Importing toolbox assets(you can only import stuff from game owner) and requires (please dont add this if people will use this for free admin)
  • Maybe exploding players?

All these features should be toggleable in the BannerUI configs, and will probably make this admin panel lot more complete.

I haven’t used the system when I published the post*
edit: i used it and it seems that it doesnt work without datastores, please make a system where if datastores are disabled then you cant use commands that require datastores. (like banning)
1 Like

Some great ideas here, thanks! Server locking is already there in v1, too! :wink:

Also, here’s a hint at something coming in the next update:

One last poll:

Do you think BannerUI should get a new name and logo for V2?

• Yes! It could use a more original name.
  • No! I like it as is.

0 voters

Those ideas I had are just commands most popular admin systems have (and I thought this didn’t). Thanks for your feedback! :doh:

2 Likes

Introducing the next generation of BannerUI:

BannerUI V2 is now supr, the modern and simple admin panel for any game. Check out the V2 testing place to try the interface before release.
The testing place has been updated.

Expected to release in Summer 2024

Warning Revamp Poll

(THIS ONLY AFFECTS THE WARNINGS USERS SEE)

How should the warnings look?
  • A UI consistent with supr’s new UI.
  • A UI consistent with Roblox’s UI.

0 voters

Ended April 2nd, 2024

Extending my poll, here is what each warning would look like:
Roblox:

supr:

2 Likes

I tried the test place. How do I even use the admin?

Press B to open the interface. If you’re still facing issues, please let me know.

I’m on mobile though. Is there a way to open the panel on mobile?

Unfortunately, not at the moment. The testing place isn’t complete yet, and the UI is still built in pixels instead of scale. I’ll be sure to post here once the place works on mobile.

Alright got it! When do you think this could be implemented?