Basepart Properties: Lossy Error after Operation: CSG Seperate.

Reproduction Steps
In the provided repo file, Separating the Negated BasePart causes the subsequent scale values to be off visibly by a few decimals. A gif is provided below, see, bottom left:
Repo File
Lossy_Scalars.rbxl (25.1 KB)

WSHwyQUtsF

Expected Behavior
This should never happen to scalars the tool you are working with does not mutate. Especially when it’s one that does not (at least purposefully) mutate them at all, like this boolean operation.
I remember, with unanchored parts, scaling one could translate another deleteriously, around 2015.

Actual Behavior
This has in various forms been occurring to me since 2013. I always anchor everything in my workspace, because it ameliorates this with the scale tools (Rotate, Translate, Resize). But even anchored, I have discovered CSG is now leaking corruption to the scalars of my BaseParts. (7/8/21)

Similar to:

I may followup with a feature request for nonzero-placevalue-case higher scalar display precision in Studio to follow up on this.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2013-03-01 00:03:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-07-08 11:07:00 (-04:00)

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the report! I am unable to reproduce this on my side. Does it still happen on yours?

I am currently unable to reproduce this on my side now. Time is 3:59PM EST, 7/19/21.
Please note, I double checked the repo on 7/8/21 at 1:00PM EST, where I could still reproduce the bug.

I can list hardware specifications if it is at all relevant, as well.