Basic Admin Essentials Customisation Help

Hello. I’m trying to configure the Basic Admin Essentials Main Module script to make it so when the :h or :countdown command is used, it makes a GUI that would usually cover the hint/countdown disappear temporarily so it can be seen. This is working for the :h command (hints), but is making the GUI that I want to be removed flash on and off of screen when the :countdown command is used. I think this is because it makes a new GUI come up every time a second passes therefore I’d appreciate any help to fix this. Thanks. :heart:

Video:

Local Script:

elseif Type == "Hint" then
		if baseClip:FindFirstChild('Hint Clone') then
			local toRemove = baseClip:FindFirstChild('Hint Clone')
			toRemove:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0,0,0,-toRemove.AbsoluteSize.Y),'Out','Quint',0.3,true,function(Stat)
				if Stat == Enum.TweenStatus.Completed then
					toRemove:Destroy()
				end
			end)
		end

local hintTemplate = baseClip:WaitForChild('Hint Template')
		local hintClone = hintTemplate:Clone()
		hintClone.Name = "Hint Clone"
		local hintButton = hintClone:WaitForChild('TextButton')
		local hintTop = hintClone:WaitForChild('Top')
		local hintBody = hintClone:WaitForChild('Body')
		local hintTitleText = hintTop:WaitForChild('Title')
		local hintBodyText = hintBody:WaitForChild('To Name Later')

hintButton.MouseButton1Click:connect(function()
			hintClone:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0,0,0,-hintClone.AbsoluteSize.Y),'Out','Quint',0.3,true,function(Stat)
					hintClone:Destroy()
				end
			end)
		end)

hintTitleText.Text = Data[1]
		hintBodyText.Text = Data[2]
		hintClone.Parent = baseClip
		hintClone.Visible = true
		hintClone.Position = UDim2.new(0,0,-1,0)
		hintClone:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0,0,0,0),'Out','Quint',0.3,true)
		playerGui.GuiThing.TextButton.Visible = false
		local waitTime = (#hintBodyText.Text*0.1)+1
		if waitTime <= 1 then
			waitTime = 2.5
		elseif waitTime > 10 then
			waitTime = 10
		end
		wait(waitTime)
		playerGui.GuiThing.TextButton.Visible = true
		pcall(function()
			if hintClone then
				hintClone:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0,0,0,-hintClone.AbsoluteSize.Y),'Out','Quint',0.3,true,function(Stat)
						hintClone:Destroy()
					end
				end)
			end
		end)
	end
end
2 Likes

Sorry, forgot to attach the script. It’s been added. Thanks for any help :pray:

Still need some help with this. Any help would be appreciated

Since I haven’t gotten a reply to this, maybe I could make the script wait for a few seconds and then check if another hint has popped up while it’s keeping the GUI invisible and if not, make it visible again?

This is the 3rd day this post has been up and I still haven’t gotten a reply. Have I not described my issue properly or does no one know how to help?

I don’t know directly how to fix this, but the reason why it isn’t working is because the GUI is appearing and disappearing as many times as you put for the countdown time. As you can see every time the number counts down, the GUI will flash. The reason why it works for a hint is because its only 1 GUI appearing once. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Exactly. I think you can edit the main module tho.

The deletion of all other frames used in BA is done after in the Essentials Code LocalScript, if you look down to some of the very last lines you can see how it handles visibility of other BA frames while displaying a message/servermessage/hint/countdown.

Assuming this is a button that is in the Essentials Client ScreenGui, you might have to make another edit to make sure the button doesn’t dissapear.

If the button is not in any way related to BA, it’s most likely a bug.