Basic Admin Essentials Plugin Help

Ngl, I think you guys should create your own threads rather than asking in here. The thing is that this thread is meant to help whoever created it. Some of you are asking things that are not 100% out of topic, but still useless to the current thread, and overall, not helpful to msami7893.

But to respond, you can have something like that as your plugin function:

local function pluginFunction(Args) -- keep the name of the function as "pluginFunction"
		local Player = Args[1]
		if not Args[4] then
			return
		end
		local Victims = returnPlayers(Player, Args[3])
		if not Victims then
			return
		end
		local text = {}
		for Index, Argument in pairs(Args) do
			if Index > 3 then
				table.insert(text, Argument)
			end
		end
		text = table.concat(text, " ")
		for _, Victim in pairs(Victims) do
			local filteredText = cleanData(Player, Victim, text)
			remoteEvent:FireClient(Victim, "PM", Player.Name, filteredText , false))
		end
	end

You should end up having something like that:

https://i.gyazo.com/c356111936662289e9043eb95be5d023.mp4

If you’re using a custom module that isn’t recent, it might not work.

3 Likes

Hey there!

Thanks for being respective to me opening the thread, it’s honestly fine as this thread will be a big help to all. It was really helping me and @SimplyUnexistable as we were working on an interview center together at his group until I was fired but that’s not my point.

So then everyone else saw the thread and got help, which makes this a really big resource. I might get permission from the main people on this thread to make a community resource for groups looking for the same type of custom commands ETC.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t work because you included a string, you need to make a table and then the content of the list.

I’m on mobile so it’s a pain to repost it, but if you scroll up some, I posted the code for doing that.

I’m not familiar with tables, so I’m not sure how to create one.

Relating to this thread can you make a :setmessage command? It will display as a hint that will stay until it is replaced.

Please make a separate topic as the OP of this topic have may already solved his problem.

For the OP: If you have another problem, please make a separate topic.

@Pieces2010 No, you will have to modify the main module of the BAE.

1 Like

As Quw said, you need to edit the module, mainly the essentials code. If you have basic Roblox lua knowledge, it wouldn’t be hard. Also, I don’t know where you guys get all this fancy ideas (actually i kinda know where), but I don’t recommend you guys copy the stuff and use it in your own games. The original developer who got the idea of it can somewhat feel like their idea is being stolen, and they can be somewhat offended. (unless if u got their permission) Just saying, taking inspiration is always better. ;w;

1 Like

The original developer of BAE open-sourced it and allows people to freely edit it.

Yeah, but there aren’t any :setmessage commands in the original module? What I was saying is that if someone creates something original, forked from something open source or not, that’s an original creation. It’s their choice to open source or that, and if I’m not mistaken, the original developer (I believe it’s a Frappé dev) who made the :setmessage didn’t open source the :setmessage.

If you still don’t get it, let’s take the following scenario as example:

• You create an original command by yourself on BA, that’s unique, etc. You decided to not open source it and keep it for your projects.
  • People start to notice it, and want to make the exact same because it’s so good. They don’t ask for your permission, they just start copying right away. They won’t even get inspired, they just want to have the absolute same.

Well, it really depends on you, but when that happens, most developers would be offended about their original idea(s) being stolen/copied without permission.

I wasn’t talking about the BA module, I was talking about what other users create from it, and people absolutely wanting to take the ideas for themselves.

1 Like

The setmessage command at frappe was not the first one and will not be the last. Most admins have a setmessage/ notify command. Just because they made a notification command using that admin does not mean no one else may do that. If it is based on an open source, then we are still able to make our own notification command using the open source framework. No one is copying code directly from the frappe devs.
How would you suggest someone makes a notify command without “their original idea being stolen/copied”?

1 Like

I wasn’t saying it was forbidden to do that. People are free to do whatever they want. I was just stating my opinion as a lot of people were interested in making those, and that it could somewhat get the developer who got this idea, sort of offended?

I agree, but usually, that one person who made that got that idea of implementing that in that specific environment. And just because they did that, everyone else starts to do the same. Which can usually get them offended.

I was just saying my opinion, as a lot of people are interested in making those. They might not know that the developer who originally had that idea can sort of feel offended. If they don’t care about how the dev feels, it’s fine, it’s their choice. I was just saying my opinion.

If you’d like to continue this discussion, it’s better we continue in DMs (devforum or discord idm) as right now, we’re completely off topic and not helping OP’s case. I have an example I could state, but I don’t believe I am able to state it in a response like this one.

Alright that makes way more sense. Thanks for the clarification! :smiley:

1 Like

I may be late, but if you made this “!information” command, could you like make a video on how to make it or something? :smiley:

Here is the complete script. You may Edit the information, the 'Test Command" the prefix, the level, and the rank.

I did try to, but since I don’t have a YouTube account or any video maker, I had to make a 20 minute video that would not upload. So just directly copy the whole script, make a ModuleScript in the Plugins folder and paste the script into the ModuleScript, then edit what I put above.

local Plugin = function(...) -- The main plugin
local Data = {...} -- Where the data is located

local remoteEvent = Data[1][1] -- The remoteEvent variable
local pluginName = "information" -- The command ("information")
local pluginPrefix = "!" -- The prefix, you can change it to whatever you would like.
local pluginRank = 2 -- What rank can execute the information command?
local pluginDesc = "Test's the information command" -- Your command description.

local InformationMessages = {"Message 1 ran", "Message 2 ran"} -- The messages that will be displayed

local DisplayTime = 5 -- How long will it take for the next message to load?

local pluginFunction = function(Args) -- The function for the plugin we have
local Player = Args[1] -- "Player" is out argument.
for _, Message in pairs(InformationMessages) do -- Where the information is stored
    remoteEvent:FireAllClients('Message', 'Test Command', Message) -- The remoteEvent will fire what you put in there. You can do FireClient or FireAllClients. Make sure to not edit it.
    wait(DisplayTime) -- Waits for the display time to end before moving on.
end
end
pluginDesc = pluginName .. " " .. pluginDesc

return pluginName, pluginFunction, pluginRank, pluginPrefix, {pluginName, pluginDesc} -- Returns all the variables so BAE will understand it.
end

return Plugin -- Returns the plugin

-- And you have an information command! --

I hope you found this helpful.

7 Likes

Did the display time apply or just wait without applying to the messages?

If the wait time is longer then the messages, it will take WaitTime - MessageTime for the next message to load. If the WaitTime is shorter then the message, the next message will be displayed early.

Thanks for this! But, when a Trainee types this command, will everyone see this or just them? I wanted them to see only because it’s information repeated only for them…

Since the rank is set to Administrator+, nothing will happen. If you want a Trainee to execute the command and it just shows the information to them, I can show you a script.

If you can that would be great! :smiley: Also, don’t need to answer this question but do you know like a command for BAE 2.0 that’s like a sticky message, that it just stays at the top of the screen for everyone to see? Like at Frappe when you join it you see “Sticky Message from [name]” and then the text like “Hungry? Order!ˇ”