Basic Human Model

I made a simple human model in blender out of a cube and UV sphere. Feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

Hey there!
Its a great model you made right there! There can certainly be a lot of improvements to that!

1. You can morph the head into a more detailed head
  2. The arms shall be equally wide and sized
  3. The body width and the scale can be improved

Its a great attempt and I highly appreciate that!

1 Like

im sorry but that doesnt look like a human, but great model though!

I tried to make it similar to a sidewalk sign version of a person, hence the title “basic human model”.

1 Like

Guessing this is the style you’re going for.
The proportions of the model are a bit off.
The hips seem too large and the arms are too short.
Try and use references like this when creating models :smiley:

1 Like

I tried making the proportions better, what do you think?

1 Like

Definitely better! One question, is there a way to flatten the body as the lumps look a bit strange. Otherwise it’s great!

1 Like

image removed the lumps!

Looks great! :smiley: Nice work! Great model!

Looks okay to start off.
For the proportions equality, select one vertically half side of the body , and delete the faces, then mirror the other side of the body to the Y axis (according to your model orientation in this picture), using the Mirror modifier. That would make your humanoid proportions much better.
For the head, u might want to switch to the “Sculpting” Mode and play around with the sculpting brushes.
Keep going, everyone starts somewhere, and good luck :grin:

2 Likes

I really like the flat element to it. Would make an interesting game if it looked like the image @VqniIlIa posted!

As stated though, you need to apply a mirror modifier to it to correct the proportions. If you go into the Blender settings, you can enable an Auto Mirror extension which basically allows you to select a mesh and it’ll automatically cut it in half and add a mirror modifier for you (it’s what I used for the cat I modelled recently).

1 Like

I hadn’t even thought about making it for a game! I’m currently building a 2007 - 2010 retro game with different areas, i might use it for a “surreal area”.

1 Like

I suggest using the mirror modifier and a background reference.