Basic Moderation Tools 2.0

Basic Moderation Tools is a fully open source admin module I built from the ground up, containing more than 30 commands to help you moderate your player base. It allows for creating custom commands, being able to interface with our simple API to simplify your scripts for different types of commands. Please note that BasicModTools has alot of bugs that I will try my best to remove. It will remain open-source for now until I crack down on all the bugs and release all the good features an admin module would need.

Download BMT > Basic Moderation Tools

Github Repo > GitHub - Basic Moderation Tools

Version 2.42 of Basic Moderation Tools will be releasing later this month. The things that will be released in that update can be found early in our GitHub Repo. I will also be releasing the images showcasing BMT2.4 as soon as the update is released. Thanks for supporting Basic Moderation Tools!

2 Likes

This is great! One problem, you are using player name instead of ID. A player can change their name meaning that if they did that we’d have to come back to that table and change the name.
On the other hand you can change you’re ID so we wouldnt have to change it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add it in the next update.

I do not think the model should be locked.

Sorry about that, its fixed now.

Version 2.1.03 is here!

This update brings UserIds, new functions for custom scripts and a slight change in the announcement UI.!

Credits to FroDev1002 for the userId idea.

1 Like

Version 2.2 is almost ready to be released to the public!

VERSION 2.2 IS HERE!

+ Added Hint. This allows you to put a message on the top of the screen for the whole server!
+ Added Pin. This allows you to pin a message on the top of the screen for the whole server!
+ Added Slock/Unslock. This allows you to lock the server so only admins can join!
+ Added Clr. This allows you to clear pinned messages on the screen! This will also clear timers in the future.
+ Added New Appearance Settings for BasicMod UI, allowing you to the appearance of all basicmod UI!
+ Added UserIds for all moderation actions for more security.
+ Added extra customisation for all kick messages.
+ Added UserIds for the 'Donor' rank.
+ Added major further support for custom scripts. You can now access all of BasicMods' API's (including all cmd executors) to play around with. This was previously locked to announcements only. See the full example in the Custom Scripts folder.
+ Added music commands 'play', 'stop', allowing you to insert a musicId to play in-game.
+ Added community plugins folder, allowing the community to make scripts for your admin module!
+ Added gamepassId field for the 'donor' rank. This allows you to put a gamepass up 
+ Added notifications for the improved Ban API to have more information about the user getting banned.

* Revamped the whole Ban API, allowing you to insert other parameters into the tempban. (e.g. Moderator, reason, banDate)
* Revamped the unban command.
* Revamped all UI for the new 'Appearance' setting, making for a cleaner appearance in-game.
* Revamped the Whole MainModule to support custom scripts accessing the BasicMod API Commands.
* Revamped the BasicMod ServerBan API to support custom scripts.
* Revamped custom scripts to support the new BasicMod API. This change now allows you to access all functions of the API by requiring the module!

* Revamped the devConsole messages to all sync and look nicer. (Clean Up)
* Revamped the configuration script (Clean Up)
* Revamped the 'givetools' command (Clean Up)

Note: This update requires you to re-enter your configuration settings into the new version
as everything was revamped to fit the new API. This will most likely be the last revamp of the
configuration script, sorry for the inconvinence.

Known Bugs:
- Adding multiple announcements at the same time leads the UI to close early and get negetive integers.
- Remote Event Folder won't enter RS by itself. (This will be fixed in the next update)
- Going invisible and using the visible command spawns a block in the middle of your avatar.

Update your modules here: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/18482743746

P.S. You will need to move all your settings over to the new module because of the API Changes.

yikes. Source code behind this is horrible, so many if statements for something easily achievable with a simple :FindFirstChild in a folder of module scripts

Sorry, but this is just how I achieve it.

Version 2.3: Minor Update

+ Added mute, unmute and timemute. You can now mute a player from the chat with an optional time amount. The 'Mute' commands will also support custom scripts.
+ Added 'mute' as an option for AntiSpam protection. If player is detected spamming with this option enabled, it will mute them for 30 seconds.
+ Added the 'BanAfter3Warnings' option for AntiSpam. This will ban the player from the server if they have been muted 3 times by the server.
+ Added 'me' as an argument for all commands. This allows you to type 'me' as the player you want to command instead of typing your username.
+ Added 'mute' commands to the custom api integrations. You can now mute players through your custom script!
+ Added 'AnnounceAutoBans' in config and removed 'AnnounceAutoBans' to be in the same config. This allows you to decide whether you want to announce to the server about a mod action that the server had to execute.
+ Aded 'jail', 'jailtime', and 'unjail'. Jailing a player will make them invisible, unable to chat, and frozen in place. Unjailing will remove these effects. These commands are also supported for custom scripts.
+ Added 'SilentMute' to the API. This allows you to silently mute a player. This was added to silently mute a player when they were jailed.
+ Added AutoMod, your new server monitoring application! AntiSpam and some other features have all been merged into it.

# Added a wait() for announcements so they don't overlap and change other announcements happening at the same time. (Temp fix)
# Disabled the ResetOnSpawn option for the BasicModTools UI so all announcement messages don't disappear after resetting a avatar. This also applies to pinned messages.
# Adjusted UI so items don't overlap on different devices. (This was frequent on mobile devices)

The new admin script is located on the first post.

Locked.

Basic Moderation Tools 2.4 (Unstable Release)

Download the module here:

Also I’ve made a Github Repo for a full in depth documentation for the API:

(Roblox mods I’m unclear if I’m allowed to post my repo, if I’m not I’m willing to take the post down)

Can you add a demo of the admin, please?

Sure, I’ll try my best to make one when I have time

1 Like

Version 2.41 is out.

This update adds the Roblox Ban API and integrates it into BMT. There is :ban, :pban, and :unban. This API is also available to execute in custom scripts. The documentation to do so is in the Github Repo. When I have time, I will also be releasing the demo images and game.

Download 2.41: Basic Moderation Tools

Note: If using :ban, the command needs to be executed like this: :ban (username) (days) (reason)