Basketball Dribbling

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m trying to get the “In Testing” dribbling to be like the one in “Animation Editor.”
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Animation Editor:
    In Testing:
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I tried motor6D but something was up with it…most likely due to my lack of knowledge on Motor6
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
-- This is an example Lua code block

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

1 Like

Some questions I would ask:

1. What is a the hierarchy of the basketball in the animation editor?
  2. Why are you using motor6 when you already have a working animation?

The basketball is at the top in the animation editor…and wait I don’t have to use motor6D when I have an animation??

You may have to use a motor6D for the legs depending on whether or not you animated them, since you still want to be able to walk/run while dribbling (I assume). Other than that I’d leave the animation for dribbling alone, except from changing it’s playback speed when needed.

1 Like

Alright thank you very much :heart:!!!

In order for the ball to stick with the hand, it needs motor6D. Without it, the ball won’t be in the position it is as of now.

Ouuu I forgot to tell you…I was using motor6D for the ball to stick with the players hand which is dribbling the ball but when I did that it came out wonky

Yes! How do I go bout doin that? I’ve tried and it got Wonky

Is there anything else other than the animation and motor6D controlling the ball?

I would try to make the ball a child of the players hand in the animation editor. It can be frustrating since the ball moves along with the hand while you are creating the animation, but the end result is worth it, as you don’t have to mess with the motor6D.

Alright thank you! I’ll definitely check it out!

your dribbling animation looks amazing btw! I had one question though. I assume for your game you will have different player heights, soo how will you get the ball to hit the ground the same for taller players?

1 Like

Yes there will be different heights…the ball will be attached to the players hand regardless of their heights and then Motor6D so the ball can stay to their hand!

1 Like