Batch import feature leads to broken assets often

I’ve been utilising the batch-import feature to publish frames for looping clips that would play on a Decal. However, many if not most of the frames would get lost in the process. These imported assets do get assigned IDs, but upon visiting any one of their pages, I’d be greeted with this wondrous view:

When I navigate to the API endpoint that points to the asset, I’m welcomed by this HTTP 500 message:

Thanks in advance.

It does not seem that this is a bug with the bulk importer. The linked image was moderated by the moderation team when it was uploaded, which is why it is not displaying in-game/etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, but I however digress. If an image gets moderated against me, I should be given a warning; I’m not. Reimporting the very same asset is the best way by far to get around the problem, which I believe is significant because if this were a moderation issue, the image would consistently not get through.

I’d check back on some of these failed assets in one day’s time only to discover that they still can’t be fetched.

These assets cannot be fetched because they are moderated. The asset being approved sometimes and declined sometimes instead of having the same result every time is something you will need to talk to moderation about. The same with warnings when assets are declined – moderation happens well after assets have been imported, so it is not part of the bulk importing workflow or anything Studio can control.

If you believe the asset shouldn’t have been moderated, then you will need to send an appeal to moderation. If you believe the asset should have been moderated, then you shouldn’t have uploaded it.

I would recommend filing a Web Bug on that so that it can be amended (you should always be notified if an asset is denied).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.