[BB] Poll for my Game's Thumbnails

Hey.
So, I wanted to see what you all think of the thumbnails for my game, Backyard Battlefield.
I made them a while ago and want to see if they hold up to other games. Feel free to elaborate in a reply.
Below, I have the thumbnails, and two polls- one for quality and one for appeal.

THUMBNAILS
BB Thumbnail
BB Thumbnail 2
BB Thumbnail 3
BB Thumbnail 4
BB Thumbnail 5
BB Thumbnail 6

QUALITY - How well they are made, layout, etc.

0 voters

APPEAL - How they compare to other games, visual appeal, etc.

0 voters

1 Like

Alright, the averages are surprisingly low. What’s bringing down the score for you all? Do you think I could improve something?

The first and biggest thing I noticed was the resolution of the thumbnails. They look very pixelated. Unless that was intended for easier viewing on this thread, I would recommend exporting them to a larger size.

I also feel like the spacing and proportions of elements in the thumbnail (such as the plant and the game title) left a lot of unused space overall.

As for specifics, my suggestion would be to look at thumbnails for games similar to this such as “Plants V.S. Zombies” and see what they do in terms of design.

Hope this helped!

I think the characters on the right need more detail, they lack in shading and highlights compared to the game logo itself

Your username in the top left could perhaps be in another style, right now it appears to be a standard system font in a dull gray colour which doesn’t really fit the designs in the rest of the thumbnail (right now it looks temporary)

The logo for the game itself looks nice, however I don’t like how the highlights are blurred compared to the pixel-art style compared to the rest of the image

I’m pretty sure the pixelation issue is because I didn’t use anti-aliasing for anything, so it would look clear and sharp (kind of retro, in a way). Besides, making them bigger will blur everything.
As for the PvZ idea, I wanted the thumbnails to be simple and concise. Do you have any ideas of what I could add to the empty space or the thumbnails as a whole?

I just don’t like the layout/organization of the details it’s not as appealing and seems super minimalist, too much minimalist in fact and in my personal opinion, the text and the design of the images/background don’t really flow/compliment each other well.

If you’re comfortable with just the plant and the game title being in the thumbnail, my suggestions would be to make both the plant and game title bigger. Since the game title won’t be able to take up that much vertical space, I’d suggest adding some grass and / or a sun in the background.

In the end, though, it’s really up to you. I don’t readily give my personal suggestions on design because they’re just that: personal. That’s why I usually suggest researching designs made by non-Roblox games, since they’re typically well-designed.