Be able to see sizes of UI elements when scaling/selection two or more UI elements

Howdy developers! :cowboy_hat_face:

As an average Roblox Developer, it isn’t currently impossible to view and do the math when scaling 2 or more UI elements that either has the same X and Y or different X and Y sizes which aren’t the best experience for me and other developers who need to scale multiple UI elements to be the same size or smaller for a users experience in our games.

Video:

As you can see on the video, you can clearly see the sizes on both X and Y when selecting individual UI element frames but when you select those both UI elements, it would just not show anything after re-selecting or selecting away from the UI to check the size and position they’re at.

Anyway, for the past 2 ~ 3 years already with working with UI elements in a lot of experimental games/projects, it has been a pain not seeing what UI elements I want to be equal and check the sizes so they can fit on each screen from a mobile device up to the Xbox. Having a way to see the sizes and positions from end to end when selecting 2 or more elements will benefit me A LOT and can’t stand scaling and looking closely when I scale a certain amount of pixels.

VideoA:

^ I pretty much would love to see the X and Y size and how far away it is from the closest side from the X / Y when selecting/scaling 2 or more UI elements, would help out a lot of developers.

If Engineers would be able to address this feature, it would kindly improve my experience as a developer because I can finally see and contract what sizes I want for 2, 3 or 6 UI elements to be scaled properly and detect what sizes they individually are and scale them to smaller chunks.

Main Idea you propose/ask? Pretty much to view the sizes/positions from the UI elements that you select in ScreenGui which at the moment isn’t the best as you see no size for each element, no position/pixels from a side and stuff.

4 Likes

Hi @loueque - I’ve created a ticket for this request. When multiple items are selected, a bounding box (BB) is created that encompasses the selection - would it be enough to simply show the size of the selection BB, as well as offsets from the edges of its parent (much like single item selections work)?

4 Likes

Sure thing! That’s what I pretty much want as sometimes I want to select multiple UI elements that have similar or “nil” similar sizes/offsets which makes it easier for me to scale and move 2 or more UI elements around so it can show the BB of each Parent similar to the ones in the video. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok great! Thanks for requesting this and providing all the info around this request :grinning:

1 Like