Behaviour Tree Plugin

Hi there dev forum,

Link: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/18330184496/Behavior-Tree-Plugin

Recently i’ve been working on a plugin that allows you to make behaviour trees and i was wondering if any of you had suggestions for the plugin since i have ran out of ideas. I’d also like to hear your oppinion on the plugin right now.

The plugin allows you to add and remove nodes to a tree wich will be build in game by another module.

The treeNode module comes with a pre coded walkTo function. This function can be used to make an npc walk to a position using Pathfinding. The function also cancels itself once the premade condition becomes false.

Here are some immages of a behaviour tree i made with the plugin and a video of that tree in action:

Greetings,
Michel2003g.

4 Likes

Is using BTrees on the client ever a good idea, can’t hackers access the AI and steal it?

The performance is worth it imo

But then all your AI and Models are gone

So is there a way to do it without all the scary hackers eating away everything?

Models are doomed anyways and the AI is easy enough to recreate with behaviour trees

1 Like

well its not on the client. the trees are on the server and sent out events to the clients to move the npc’s

this performence is when you run it on the server. i split all calculation work with visuals. only thing thats done on the client is making the npc move the rest is all on the server.