Being able to set a game's release date

Support :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

i think this’d be a neat feature! support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Not sure why created date is there in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

slightly off topic

Since we are talking about this, might I add

https://my.mixtape.moe/bbbvhn.png

can this “1 hour ago” or “a week ago” thing come back? I’m using a plugin rn that gives me this, but on my other PC, it doesn’t show this. Reason is because the information isn’t detailed enough. A game can be updated many times a day and it’d be nice to see when it was last updated in terms of “ago,” if you know what I mean.

Of course, after a week, it would show the date as it does now.

1 Like

this would be a really neat idea that could have many features go along with it! maybe if the game was paid access maybe allow users to purchase it ahead of release date and so said player can play the game exactly at the time of launch?

GREAT Idea! You have my support! :100:

1 Like

Support! Sorry for the bump but having something like this should be added for the game during these times as it is very beneficial for many developers when it comes to an official release date on the page.

Anyway, there are alternatives to this since discord and twitter are a thing with announcements stating the game has been released but most of the time I would rather like to view when the game was officially released in what month, day or time.

For developers in the middle of working on their game and soon to be released, I do think that this feature should be implied into the website for future users to read when the game was released as most users mistake it as when it was created;.

6 Likes

This is an amazing idea. I completely agree. They should add this feature.

Don’t be sorry (for that). Never back down (on feature requests that you really want). Bumping brings back ideas. Features like this are needed.

1 Like

This would make my life so much easier lol

1 Like

I really need this. I’m trying to make a game but I want it to say the release date, not the creation date, so now I’m having to make the game and then publish it separately when I want to release it just so that it displays the correct date. This causes me to have to change all of my scripts and some settings and work through a lot of things that will take up a lot of time, we really need this. (Please)

Scheduling updates/release dates would be great alongside being able to set a release date. They can have it separate from the creation date (since the creation date is not the same as the release date) and you can set it manually, even before the creation date. You can also make it so that developers can hide the creation date and only show the release date. Super useful for alpha/beta tests before full release.

One of my games had to be reuploaded due to a hacking issue way before. It says I made it way after I actually did make it, which is confusing for users. This would be super useful for all developers alike.

1 Like