Being able to set a game's release date

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to . . .

As a Roblox developer it’s currently impossible to accurately display your game’s release date. The “created” display is inaccurate and gives players the wrong impression of when a game has released. I want the ability to set a release date and make it clear that a game came out a certain date, so that it’s easier to discuss stats “since release” etc.

My game, which came out last summer, is believed to be released a year earlier than it really was.

You could also potentially put it as a future date, so that you can build hype to your game, so that players will know when the game releases and know to be there for it.

My upcoming game has been referred to (even on Roblox’ own Twitch streams) as “In development since 2011” which is so incredibly far off the mark, and shouldn’t be possible. I want users to know it’s coming out this winter, not 6 years ago.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

This would improve both the experience for developers and the users. Reviewers and streamers can actually get the correct release date without referring to incorrect dates such as when the place was created, and developers can use it for things like anniversary updates and comparisons. In general, it’d make the game page more accurate.

Here’s the Roblox stream clip of the game being “made in 2011”, lol: Twitch

139 Likes

This is a really great idea! I support this for sure, especially since you can’t delete places so a lot of people, including myself, overwrite old games and projects with new things. I feel like the ‘Updated’ section could do with an update though too, so we can include a change log

11 Likes

This would be amazing :smile:

5 Likes

Great idea!

4 Likes

Support :smiley:

6 Likes

I really soup-ort this idea!

4 Likes

Support! I have the same issue with people telling me they’ve been playing Flood Escape since 2010, whereas I only started working on said place in late 2011 but couldn’t change the date on the place. :laughing:

6 Likes

Big support!

2 Likes

Support for sure.

2 Likes

Maybe also being able to show a specific time in PDT if you have pre-set a release date? That would let people know specifically when you plan on releasing it that day.

1 Like

Support.

2 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

Full support

3 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Support!!
It annoys me when people look at the creation date of my places and it says 2011, and assume the game was actually created in 2011.

3 Likes

Support!
People claim to have been playing my game for “years” when I only released last fall lol
Also that twitch stream: :laughing:

3 Likes

Full support. That stream clip is pretty funny in my opinion.

3 Likes

The only issue with that is that you can’t delete places or games so doing that for every new project would lead you to be like ScriptOn where you’re currently in triple-digits of games/places that display on the develop pages.

2 Likes

:(

5 Likes

I support

1 Like