Best ad types and strategies for groups?

I know this has been discussed many times about games specifically but I don’t really see anything about group advertising (I’m guessing it is similar).

Which ad type is the best to advertise a group? I often see groups advertised using skyscraper ads but I have heard some people say that box ads are the best for CTR (Not sure if that is correct).

Should I advertise in small amounts at a time or advertise using several ads? With games you can become popular without spending much robux but with groups it is alot harder to gain members and gain traction. If I have around 25k - 30k robux to spend on ads then should I just spend it all in one day and on one ad etc…
If you could help out then that would be great!

9 Likes

If you had around 25k, I would split it up. Maybe on the first day of advertising, use 10k, then 5k,5k,5k ect. If you were to separate them by device, I would spend more money on tablets than anything, then mobile, then pc. Hope this helps!
(Just saying I have not tested this in anyway.)

2 Likes

With ads you can’t target certain platforms though (otherwise I would). Although, I think I agree with you on splitting up the robux per ad.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested, this is what I ended up doing:

I had 4 ads ready and I spent 500 on each of them to see which ones do better in terms of CTR. Box ads normally get good clicks in comparison to how much you spend on them (About 600 for the 500 I spent on it). Skyscraper ads seem to get better CTR and if you spend more on them you get better clicks because they are more visible throughout the site. Normally, I would recommend to spend 1k to test ads, but for me this worked.

Then after finding out which two ads did the best, I spent 9k on each of them. I also spent another 1k on the other two ads (including the box ad).

For the box ad I got similar results again (About double what I got with 500). The other skyscraper ad (the one I spent 1k on) got around 900 clicks but I’m not sure if they are as reliable as box ads. Box ads also got more impressions than the skyscraper ads that ran at the same price.

With the two 9k ads I got 9k clicks on one of them and 10k on the other. The one that got 9k clicks got a CTR of 1.31%. The 10k one had a CTR of 1.38%. I’m not sure if that is really good, but since it is a group ad (It is obvious it will lead to a group) I think that it did pretty well.

In total I spent 24k. I knew I wasn’t going to make as much robux back, since I targeted the ad to go to the group page to gain members. If you are looking to make robux I would recommend to sponsor or advertise a game that has all your clothing inside of it. The total members I gained was around 1.6k, which isn’t bad but not as good as it can be. I did make some money back from the ad which I’m going to reinvest into sponsoring a game. Growing a group is more of a long term investment, so don’t expect to make loads of robux back (although it can happen).

Hope this helped anyone who was curious about the results you might expect to achieve.

13 Likes

Would you mind posting the ad designs you ran so that it could be used as a future references for our own advertising campaigns?

1 Like

The skyscraper ads are relatively simple but have a relatively obvious call to action.
This is the box ad that I used. Got a low CTR but higher clicks than the other skyscraper ad I used advertising at the same price. The reason it probably got more clicks is because there is likely less people advertising using box ads.
EggHuntAd

The first two ads were the ads that had a higher CTR and I spent 9k each on. The third ad I spent 1k on since it only got around 1.1%.

4 Likes

I disagree. You shouldn’t waste so much Robux on the first shot. Start small and go up time to time.

5 Likes

Starting small will not do you any good if your game is multiplayer and will be a waste.

1 Like

This is about groups, not games.

2 Likes

This is about groups, not games. Groups have different advertising strategies than games.

1 Like

May I ask how many shirts/clothing you had before you started advertising? I’m starting a clothing group and am making sure the group is ready before I start advertising, a response would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

At the time of advertising I had around 500 shirts and I would imagine around 1000 total clothing items (including shirts/pants/tshirts). Currently I have around 1200 total clothing items and due to having so many items, I don’t even need to advertise anymore (although obviously advertising causes far more traffic to my group) and make around 5000 robux every 3 days. Do keep in mind that my group was made in 2015 so has been around for 6 years - so I have alot of items that have been made over that time.

I wouldn’t really say you need to have as many clothes as I did when I started advertising with large amounts of robux, I would recommend around 150 clothes to first start advertising and if you feel confident that you will succeed, I would get around 250 clothing items so you don’t necessarily need to advertise as often.

Wish you the best of luck though and hope I could help. :+1:

2 Likes