Best Area To Place My Logo?

Ok, so my friends and I are arguing about which area a logo should be placed on our Game Icon.
There are 5 options, which do you guys think would be the best, for visibility?
NOTE: The Red square is for where a character would be placed, so the head (top of the Box) is what would be needed to be soon the most.
Anyway, let’s get voting!

• Top Right

• Top Left

• Bottom Right

• Bottom Left

*Bottom Middle

• Top Right
  • Top Left
  • Bottom Right
  • Bottom Left
  • Bottom Middle

0 voters

Also, feedback/questions in comments would be great!

The best place to put a logo really depends on what the rest of the image looks like. Could you provide an image of your logo and your character?

Something else that also really bothers me is that the icon is not a square, you should fix that so the image does not become distorted.

The icon is a square, and the content of the image is a person right in the middle, with a simple background. The main part of the person should be the head, which is the top of the Red Box.

Very slightly off, by 2 pixels. And remember to try to make it 512x512 for the best resolution on all devices.

In that case, I’d put the logo at the bottom of the icon. This way, your characters aren’t cut off by your logo, and it would be more symmetrical than the other options.

But seriously, it would really help to see the actual logo and the actual character. It’s not a one size fits all, each situation is different. Most icons you’ll find will have the logo in the middle, since most of the time their logo is text, and English text is horizontal and therefore it would make sense to have it either in the top middle or top bottom. This changes with language, as not all scripts are horizontal. For example, if your game was in Mongolian you’d probably want the logo to be on the right or the left, and not in the middle or else it would obscure the game’s art.

Is your logo wider or taller? If wider, put it on the bottom or top. If longer, put it on the left or right.

I really can’t help you without an image of a logo, the character, anything.

Just like how you can’t frame a painting without knowing the painting, you can’t know the layout without knowing what the character or icon looks like.

This game puts their logo in the bottom middle, because it’s longer horizontal, and with the head being the focal point it would make sense to have the logo at the bottom. There’s empty space in the bottom.

This game puts their logo in the bottom right, because the focal point is in the top right, and the only space available would be the bottom left.

This game puts their logo in the top middle, since the focal point is in the bottom middle, more or less.There’s also empty space at the top.

This game puts their logo in the top left, since the game logo flows from top right to top left.

These all featured characters in the middle, yet their focal points were all different.

Now, as quoted by you here:

If the focal point is at the top of the screen, of course you’d want your logo to be at the bottom. Don’t distract viewers by placing it at the top.

I’d also recommend putting it in the middle bottom, as having your eyes go down and the curve right or left seems awkward. Make your eyes go in a straight line.

TL;DR: Bottom Middle.

2 Likes

I’ve dm’d you the Icon with it in the middle, lmk what you think of it.

1 Like