Best Selling Sort in Marketplace is Listing Items Incorrectly

It seems as though all of the best selling past day sort is jumbled up incorrectly which I believe is directly decrementing my sales.

Here is what my best selling page looks like ( Catalog - Roblox )

Many of those items are some of my worst selling items, but we can look at a provable example. My typical best seller daily is my Squirrel suit. Looking at my CSV data from just today, we can see that it has gotten over 1000 sales where as my Prairie Dog avatar body has only gotten 178.

In spite of this disparity, the Prairie Dog body shows up on top where as the squirrel suit is nowhere to be found on the page. This seems to apply to best selling past day pages everywhere as my items are listed on this page in the same rankings as my personal best selling page: Catalog - Roblox

While exactly what the system is doing is unclear the ramifications of it are clear: Items not being displayed properly, even randomly, will disproportionately drive players to items that aren’t as appealing and won’t lead to sales, meaning sales across the board will diminish.

13 Likes

Adding to this to further back up my stats, it seems like the CSV I download from the website, and the analytics page ( https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/analytics ) are in sync and seem accurate to me.

1k sales for squirrel suit is average for my daily weekend sales.

3 Likes

I noticed this as well with my stuff, top image is the analytics of best selling within past 7 days and bottom is catalog best selling past week

3 Likes

My best selling past day after this(above)

My best selling past day before this (above)

Its all messed up, and the orange glasses looks like its in the top 10 best sellers, while in reality it has sold like 2-3 times today. (which is pretty low)

4 Likes

This seems to be a part of a bigger issue where the sales count of items aren’t being updated properly. Games such as Catalog Avatar Creator and UGC Tracker are no longer updating the sales count of items.

Sales are very important in the marketplace’s algorithm. If this isn’t fixed quickly, this can negatively effect the performance of items.

2 Likes

This weekend I’ve seen a drop in revenue. Of all my years making UGC, I always check my weekend revenue every week, and it’s always up from the weekday.

Since this started happening I’ve seen a drop in my weekend revenue for the first time ever. I hope this gets addressed soon.

2 Likes

I can’t track what’s selling well or bad now since the best-selling tab is broken. Also, while viewing an item’s recolours or looking up only one group or person’s items, it used to be similar to best-selling past day, but it’s all randomized now, even showing the best-selling recolours at the end of the list.

Best Selling Past Day in Avatar Marketplace vs Analytics (accurate info)

(best selling tab above)

(analytics above)

As you can see it is very messy right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the report; We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like