Best way for a car shine effect

Hi everyone! Ok so I was wondering how I would go about a shiny effect like a car in the sun. I have tried many methods such as… Using the new glass material but the blue ora and scratches. Using smooth plastic changing the reflectance to “.1” or “.2” to bland looses color even when changed. They all just don’t seem to work correctly. They all have major flaws. If anyone knows how to make a realistic paint look for a car body please let me know, thanks from John.

Example:
usc18dj-8111m

1 Like

If you have tried reflectance, it often ends up reflecting the sky-box in some way, so maybe try having a certain sky-box that reflects the color and then making another sky-box using decals to put around your map. Other than that the only other options I can think of would be to use a script.

Hope you find what you’re looking for!

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea, but that would be complex to find a good seamless sky box that doesn’t look repetitive.

Try for the real skybox to find a plain blue (or whatever color the car is) in the toolbox, then make a box out of parts and put a different skybox in there. Since the skybox is just decals, you should be able to transfer them into a smaller box that you have made. You would only have to make sure that they were using the right faces.

2 Likes