Best way to add textures other then the roblox materials to a build?

Hey guys, I would like your opinion on the best way to texture a build. Is it with blender, decals or something else? And, please describe a little bit how to texture it and make sure it looks good with those applications. Thanks :slight_smile:
Also whenever I make something coloured in blender, with many different colours I export it to roblox and its the default grey color and I cant change the color since its all one mesh.

• Blender
  • Decal
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

Depends on the asset. I use a mix of textures on MeshParts, Decals on MeshParts, as well as Texture objects (the ones that tile), for assets, depending on what they are and what they go with.

For instance, each of these selected assets use a different method of texturing:

The tree trunk is a baked texture via material nodes in Blender.

The leaves are Decals on a transparent MeshPart. I made the texture in Clip Studio Paint and the MeshPart in Blender.

As for the rock, itโ€™s literally just Texture objects with the Slate terrain texture slapped on all sides. Nothing special. The MeshPart was made in Blender, however.

For the sake of not making a long post even longer by repeating whatโ€™s been said many times, please just do research on each topic respectively. Same with your question about texture exporting. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes