Best Way to Earn Robux for Projects

Hi Developers,

I’ve been recently working on a few projects in Roblox and I’m looking for the best ways to earn Robux to help fund these developments. I’ve come across several methods, but I’m curious to hear from the community about what has worked best for you. Specifically, I’m interested in strategies for earning Robux as a developer, types of content that generate the most revenue, and tips for balancing monetization with maintaining an enjoyable player experience.

Additionally, I’d love to hear about your experiences with different monetization features like Developer Products and Game Passes. How successful have these been for you? Any advice on marketing or promoting your games to increase revenue would also be greatly appreciated. I’m looking to gather a variety of perspectives to help me decide on the best approach for my projects. Thank you in advance for your help!

I’m looking for ways to earn Robux outside of game development. While commissions are an option, finding clients, especially for UI design, has been challenging. Any successful strategies or tips for earning Robux through other means would be greatly appreciated…

4 Likes

If your asking about how to make money to fund your projects, let me be straight up.

Your best bet is probably to just get a job & save up money. Don’t limit yourself to making money solely on Roblox. It isn’t efficient and you’re probably waiting too much time regardless

2 Likes

Start a cash grab and get a few investors.

3 Likes

I’ve heard UGC is a very good way to make robux, but I haven’t gone that route myself. I recommend taking up a commission on studio, just ensure you find a good project that pays well.

2 Likes

UGC is a terrible way to make money. I don’t know where you got that information from but the taxes are big, the dynamic floor prices can be massive and you need premium tier 2 (might be different can’t remember).

1 Like

Robux, not money. It has been highly debuffed though because of how they keep changing the requirements to upload UGC (e.g. Premium Tier 2, as you said), but I do know some people who are basically set on that front solely because of UGC.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, but I’m not old enough for a legal job yet. I do game development as a hobby and want to take it to the next level. I’d prefer practical “free” methods over getting a full/part-time job.

2 Likes

It’s easy to say, but managing a game and needing initial funds for advertising can be challenging. However, I’m keen to try it because I have seen it work for others in the past and they have make a lot of profit to then fund their other projects.

1 Like

Personally, from my own research and view, the UGC market on Roblox is just for the rich, and it’s very difficult to break into. It’s also not cheap at all; it needs more startup cost than developing an entire game.

2 Likes

Yeah, my info was from before they massively increased those start-up costs. It used to be very easy to get into from my friends’ experience, but Roblox must’ve seen how easy it was and purposefully increased the cost to integrate oneself earlier this year.

2 Likes