Best way to find audio for your game?

Hello. Many of you probably know that it’s very hard to find some actually good music / sound effects for your game in the library. My question is: what is the best alternative to it? Where should I look for perfect music and sounds for my game?

5 Likes

Look for what Roblox provides as its the most high quality you will get without getting strikes by any media companies.(APM Music)

1 Like

I mean I’m having a lot of difficulties searching the audio library. And I’m sure most players do. I would probably try to find audio in the library once I know its name. But if I don’t know the exact music I’m looking for then it’s nearly impossible to find a good one.

1 Like

you should look for audio that apm provides and its copyright free and is really good.

I’m not currently asking about copyrights, I just need a good audio search engine because the Roblox’s one is not the best.

1 Like

You can try an audio searching plugin. This is one of them: https://www.roblox.com/library/4997075358/118-RBX-Its-Musical-Directory-Heaven

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Is there a reliable plugin for that with good ratings though?

This plugin was made by a trusted (I guess) forum member. You can search for one in the Roblox Library. However, it’s not malicious.

Hello there,

Yes it is hard to find the perfect sound! Dont use the TOOLBOX in roblox studio. I use altijd the labiry at the create tab!

You can to upload music, it is only 100 robux! So You want to have a budget for it.

You can to ask it Developers if You know One!

I hope that You Will find the perfect audio soon!

Greetings,

Sys. (Aka. Tim)

Uhh, what is “altijd the labiry”?

1 Like

I think he means the library on the roblox site…

altijd lol. I mostly use the library as well, as it is free. It is really hard to find quality sound on it though…

If you’re wanting to search through the APM track on the Roblox library, I often find it helpful to look directly on the APM music site. This lets you narrow down more accurately to what you want - and then you can use the Album name / track name / library name to use in the Roblox Search.

Just be warned that tracks created after 2018 (or when the APM tracks were uploaded) will probably not show up.

Roblox upload royalty free audios and effects that everyone is free to use. These are located in the library.

Hi! what I do if I want to find sound effects is I search for a word like “Glass break”. Then, all of this music with the name glass break by apm music comes up (which I don’t want) so I change the sound length to be 0 - 3 or 4 seconds, that way only sound effects show up.

2 Likes

Hey, I have no experience with in-game sounds but I can imagine they are quite limited in some foley areas. I recommend looking at some royalty free websites. You may be able to find some very cheap, or free sounds to use. Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Freesound is a good website, and there is also Soundbible. Be sure to give credit to the creator of a sound when required, and check if there is a non-commercial restriction on some sounds.

Ok, thanks for the info. Do I need to credit the creator in-game or just in the audio describtion?

Finding sound effects for Roblox is some trouble, especially for low-budget developers who can’t afford to pay for their own assets. However you can find decent music by Roblox that you wont get striked for.

I’m not a lawyer.

Here is an example of attribution. Be sure not to put in a link if you are putting the attribution where Roblox doesn’t allow links. Instead, put the website name, such as “the website Freesound”, or put a link if you can find a workaround, as that is prefered. Be sure to list any changes you made and say what kind of license the author put on the sound/image etc. Note that the credit does not have to be given in game, but in a reasonable way.

blue magic ball sound
“05124 futuristic electric damage.WAV” by Robinhood76 from Freesound.org, sound was trimmed, volume was changed, and fade out was used, used under CC BY-NC 3.0
Freesound - "05124 futuristic electric damage.WAV" by Robinhood76

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/

I’m not a lawyer.

1 Like