Best way to handle moving animations

Hello, currently I am using the amazing plugin created by @Den_S!

This plugin allows users to import animations from blender with ease, furthermore you can use website such as Mixamo in order to import those animations in to roblox.

But here’s the problem with all of this… a lot of animations used on Mixamo are ones that will lunge your character forward, this may be a spin attack, a front flip, etc… I’m not entirely sure as to how I would go about making this seemless and work properly without teleporting the user back, without the players camera glitching, etc…

Here is an example of the problem I’m having…

As you can see it teleports the user back when the animation is done playing, making the animation stop looping will also do this.

The weird camera behavior can be seen in the following gif.

So, the final question? How can I clean up these animations in order to make them work properly.

A simple way to fix this is by setting the CFrame of the HumanoidRootPart to the position of a part of the character when the animation ends. For example, right before the animation stops, you can get the CFrame or position of the UpperTorso, you can then set the HumanoidRootPart CFrame to that position you saved, you might need to have a slight offset but that’s very simple to do.

Perhaps use AnimationTrack.Stopped

That won’t fix the camera problems and that would really be a temporary solution, I had that in mind as well but I can’t picture it fitting my needs :frowning:

1 Like

I’m willing to say that camera issue is something separate. From the GIF it appears your character is physically moving. I highly suggest anchoring the HumanoidRootPart for this animation. If that affects your gameplay then perhaps adjust your HipHeight, physocal character movement from an animation should not occur.