Best way to improve at scripting?

I recently started learning ROBLOX Lua again, and I would say I’m starting to approach the intermediate level. What would you say to be the best way to improve and widen your scripting knowledge.

I understand there have probably been multiple topics talking about this, so if you could provide any links that would be very helpful.

Lately I’ve been trying to help others with their code via a discord server I’m in, browse the devforum and read other people’s syntax, try to recreate etc. I try to learn the syntax but I cant find any good resources that actually help you learn it.

Please state your best way to improve in your opinion or however you learnt.

Well you just generally want to learn all there is to Lua in Roblox specifically like metatables and etc if it isn’t API related then go to API.

You’d normally just search something up about API so it isn’t that much of a problem to remember.

Then, you can dive into programming real systems and games in unique scenarios after practicing. Algorithms too when you feel comfortable.

You can use this resource list:

1 Like

There are many topics related to this and this one may be taken down, try to do some research before posting. Many people have great topics you can read about.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/ways-to-improve-as-a-programmer/209771/3

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies. I’ll be sure to look at both of these topics!

Please use search.