Best way to make a UI?

, ,

I am a typical newbie Roblox developer but recently I have been trying to expand my horizons to make multiple things at once in case I want to make a game by myself.

So I was wondering what the best way to make an interactive UI would be. Should I use the program built into Roblox Studio? Download a designing software? Use Blender, etc. I know nothing about UI design so I would like to have a good place to start.

3 Likes

I recommend using photoshop for ui! The skill is easy to learn but hard to master :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think is better use paint.net (dont click on link, the devforum think thats a link but is the app name)

Paint.net is free (if you download it on the official website, on Microsoft Store is paid because is a “Donation Version”), the paint.net has very option, is very used for UIs (you can see it on youtube, very persons use it), and is better than very of other programs.

Paint.net has all the option of: gimp, photoshop, and very others differents programs (you can see all the options on official website)

getpaint.net (thats the real link)

4 Likes

Might I suggest to you some software, which is listed at the beginning of this guide.
UI Design and the Fundamentals It has several different software listed, all of which are reliable and arguable the best programs free and purchasable for designers on ROBLOX.

3 Likes

i recommend photopea cause its free but you can use photoshop and even Canva if you want to.

3 Likes

I would recommend using figma, but photoshop and it’s alternative photopea would do good.

3 Likes

ADOBE XD

You can use this, it basically made for UI design. You can make realistic modern looking UI, for a website etc. Like an apple UI.

PHOTOSHOP

You really can’t make cartoony UIs in XD, so if you’re into simulator UIs, you should use this.

JUST IN MIND

This is absolutely free and provides almost the same experience as XD but it’s really complicated to understand.

ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR

You could use a lot of Adobe given stuff to make cool UIs, but they’re paid.

1 Like

Some great free “apps” to use are pixlr, photopea, or gimp.

2 Likes

Hello, so I suggest you use Adobe Photoshop as a starting tool to UI Designing. Then, later when you become better with photoshop start using blender. UI designing, is a really easy skill to learn, pretty hard to master.

Here are my creations of UI with photoshop. Hope you like

Photoshop is one of the best softwares, you can do effects and gradients and anything. You can go for cartoony effects like you know, with the pen tool, but the pen tool, I don’t really understand how if works tho.

Photopea is a really good alternative if you cant use photoshop. Photopea is basically pohotoshop but the website version. Photopea has some missing features tho. Adobe illustrator is another one, but the difference between photoshop and illustrator is the way it stores the artwork, photoshop stores as pixels while illustrator is vector art meaning mathematical equations. I would recommend go watching GFXComet for your UI. He is a really good UI Designer.

2 Likes

You can use photopea to design UI it’s just like photoshop just a free version of it there are a lot of tutorials on how to make UI with photopea

I even make my game logos from photopea :wink:

Here’s a example:

Link: photopea.com

2 Likes

Can you make UI in blender? I thought blender is only for 3D modeling and sorts. 3D design etc.

You can! Well, mainly used for GFX and things. I sometimes use it for UI for like you can use it for UI

1 Like