Best way to make potholes or craters in road?

Hello! I’m @mcox6 and I have a question. What would be the best way to create the effect of a deteriorating/cracked road? I know I could use decals, however while driving the player’s car wouldn’t react to these changes in the road. if anyone has any suggestions, please! Let me know

maybe use the union’s negate feature or try converting the road into a mesh and add potholes in blender?

2 Likes

You can use the decal and place like a invisible part or something where if the wheel comes into contact with the area it sinks or something.

Physically making a pothole might be tricky since it could glitch the car or not work out as you plan it to.

2 Likes

How large are your road Parts?
If you have a very large Part and Negate a small section there’s a good chance that the hole you create won’t be as large as the pothole you created. You can see this if you check the CollisionFidelity box in the Studio settings or use a plugin that shows you the actual shape of Unions and Meshes.

A good idea may be making the Union or road Part (& Parts with pothole decals) CanCollide off and building the actual CanCollide road out of Parts that are the exact size you want your potholes to be.

1 Like