Best Way To Pose A Character For Screenshots

What is the best way to pose a character for screenshots? For example, I want to make some screenshots of my game with characters posed in certain ways.

You can use any of your provided character models or use Eventive’s Package Importer, for me, I import all character models I need, then use Roblox’s tools to move, size, and rotate the body parts until I’m satisfied with the pose.

You can also use Roblox’s new constraints when moving, sizing or rotating. It can be found in the “Home” and “Model” tabs. Not sure how that works cause I haven’t really tested it out when posing a character.
RobloxStudioBeta_2018-01-03_19-50-06

For this example, I posed this dummy sitting, but make sure all body parts are anchored before playing in solo mode, otherwise, your pose will reset:

You can also check the “Model” tab, it has a lot of useful tools for when posing a character or building in general:

The “Rotate” and “Move” grids are the most useful thing, I always use them, especially when moving a part to cover a really tiny gap.

1 Like

Animation editor works just fine for creating poses.

You can import your characters into a 3D modelling program such as Blender or Cinema 4D, then you can edit their rigs to make unique poses for your characters. Once you are done you can export your model as OBJ (I believe this is the only file type that works with Roblox), this is normally done by: File > Export > OBJ. You can re-import to Roblox Studio by doing: Model > Model. Screenshot for reference:

1 Like

FBX works with Roblox if I remember right.

edit: whoops, didn’t realize the date, sorry for necrobump.

I know that a lot of people export the character as an object file and open it in Blender / Cinema 4D so that when they render it the character has some shading effects. This tutorial might be able to help you.

1 Like

when i try to move the arm, the whole body moves with it, how can I prevent this?