Best way to remove water and not have it come back

I’m making underwater caves, and when I use the erode tool to make the caves, I get pockets where water terrain is showing. I figured out that I grow the terrain back, it will remove it, but when I erode it again, the water comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

Theres two ways.

Either Subtract the water using the subtract tool.

Or the better way is when you are eroding the terrain make sure Ignore Water is not checked off in the erode tool.

1 Like

I tried it both ways. It doesn’t work. It seems to be remembering what the material is. I need a way to clear the material memory.

Looks like I figured it out. It seems that the terrain editor gets confused as to what air and water is. So it creates that boundary. Using the replace tool, I’ve replaced air with water and that fixes the problem.

I have had the exact same problem and it’s so annoying. What I came up with to solve it, is to erode the underwater terrain, and then, with the select tool, select the bubble and fill it with water.

robloxapp-20220918-2347482.wmv (2.7 MB)

I see you already found a solution; however, I hope this helps just a little more.

Thanks for that tip. Studio’s terrain editor in regard to water leaves much to be desired.

1 Like

Hello! If this is still an issue there are a few tools you can use;

Replace: Select the replace tool and use brush, from there select water as your source material and air or another material as the replacement.

Evaporate: You can use the evaporate tool to delete all the water in a selected zone, although I recommend using replace it will be easier.

I already found the replace tool. Replacing air with water fixed the issue. I’ve tried using evaporate before. I had to redraw all the water. LOL

Awesome LOL! Hope everything goes well and if there’s any more concerns let me know.

1 Like