Best way to send data from the Server to Client **Safely**

Okay, first off I want to be able to send data from the Client to the Server, but due to security concerns (exploiters inserting their own local script to intercept the data), I want to know the best way to send/access data.

I want to know this so I can better obfuscate remote events, I was thinking someone like data stores when giving each server its own unique identifier, but that won’t work so I am looking for something better and safer.

Just send only what you need to send. Most checks you do should be on the server, but it depends on what you’re doing. Going for obfuscation and such is not worth it, just write your code where you never do security checks on the client.

Exploiters can only intercept data that was already going to them. When a RemoteEvent is fired to the client, only a connection to that client is made, so no interception is possible.

Thanks, but I do still want to know any alternatives for other projects

They can also send their own data but they can also intercept it, yes.

I want it to send to the certain player, and the concern is that they can look at the data sent to them, when I do not want that

Ohhhh, what type of data are you sending?

What are you doing? If you’re doing an admin panel, store the admin panel in server storage and parent it to the client’s playergui on the server, and even then check for access when running commands. If you’re doing a button with a distance check, fire a remote event and do all the distance checks on the server.

I am practicing anti-cheats

(so Roblox can let me send)

Names of remote events, secret codes for puzzles, etc

Use remote functions to check if the secret code was valid, and what’s your use case for sending the names of remote events?

I want to randomly generate the names, to make it harder to fire certain events

I don’t feel that’s necessary and is easily countered. Why not just ensure you have checks where necessary?

alright thanks, I will do that

Again, never do your checks on the client unless it’s necessary. You should only be sending the data the server needs to be able to check it, not things like damage values, money, etc. A common mistake is sending to the server the amount of money to give a player, or firing an event to give them money without a delay to the next time you can do so server-side.

I usually honestly do stuff like sending money all on the server side nothing on the client.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.