Best way to weld parts to character

What is the best way to weld parts (in my case, a revolver to the right leg (R6)) to a character as soon as he joins?

I’ve watched a lot of tutorials on this but the weld just doesn’t work. Often it doesn’t even work and the times it does, the revolver just falls down.

I’m sure a lot of you have experience with this so I would love to hear your answers.

My ways of putting parts to a character is using a Motor6D plugin that connects all parts inside of the model (so they don’t fall off) then use another Motor6D and connect any part to the player’s character part.

Why did I use Motor6D? So I can also animate all the parts without all of them falling off when using a normal weld.

1 Like

My first time hearing about Motor6D. I’ll learn it and give it a try later, thanks!

1 Like

Also, the issue for the revolver “falling down” is probably because you haven’t welded all the parts together. If you still want to use welds it’s definitely possible but I would rather use Motor6D’s because it supports animation.

Just use a backup part with the model welded to it in studio, and weld it to whatever limb you want. Afterwards set it’s position with the weld which is the C0 property most of the time.

e.g

weld.C0 = CFrame.new(0,1,0) -- moves upwards

For animating make sure that the weld or motor6d you use is named however it was in the rig.

1 Like

Most likely, when I was doing those welds when I had maybe a week in scripting and I actually understand stuff now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.