Best Ways to Make Builds Realistic?

Recently I’ve played many horror games, such as The Asylum, and would like to make my own! I am wondering how to make my builds more realistic and creepy. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Proper lighting is one thing. You also gotta use custom textures (not decals), and stuff like that.

3 Likes

Is there a good way to find good textures, or should I make some myself?

1 Like

You can get them off google or do them yourself, make sure they are seamless as that will make the transition between the looping texture, well, seamless.

2 Likes

Whats the best way of doing creepy lighting?

2 Likes

change the color of the lights into like a sort of orangy, I guess, and have like dark grey or black fog (in a distance of 25 studs away or more)
and use a lightbulb model!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: This will help alot!

1 Like

To make realistic builds there’s a few options that comes into it, try using real life photo of creepy buildings to get those important details.

Texture and lighting are small tips when it comes to making realistic builds or getting those define details. Gather a bunch of horror theme images including builds and areas to get ideas from, you normally need to incorporate proper lighting - experiment instill you find a perfect atmosphere ambiance/ setting.

I would recommend, setting up a atmosphere first and then adding realistic objects into the scene. Refer:

1 Like

Set your creations lighting to future technology, use the right textures and the right building style, so no blocky stuff.

whoa tysm, I’m gonna try out these things asap!