[BETA RELEASE] ModerationPlus: A easy ban function

Okay, I managed to fix it, however.

The usage is now:

ModerationPlus:Ban(plr, type)

The types are:

ID - User Id Ban
User - User Name Ban

You should not even include the username option as this can easily be circumvented and could potentially punish another person.

1 Like

It’s the creator choice. Not mine. That is why I am using ID too.

why cant we just do player#Kick instead of that?

It’s was a example. But if someone say a word you don’t like, then, you can ban them, and they get banned forever. Cause, a kick won’t stop them at all from continuing.

Hey! I’ve come across your resource and have a few recommendations for you.

PLAYER RECOGNITION

• Using tonumber to detect if a variable is a number or string. (Automatically tell if it’s a Username or UserId) Resource 1
  • Using PlayerService:GetUserIdFromNameAsync() to get a UserId from Username. Resource 1

SCRIPT "PROTECTION"

• Using PCalls to not break the script. Resource 1

MISC

• Adding an Unban feature.

This module bans the user, disallowing them from rejoining the game until someone unbans the user, whereas kicking allows the user to continually rejoin. Useful for trollers, exploiters and more.

This module is only for banning, not ‘unbanning’, however, you can change the data store key to unban everyone.

Why not use one of these much more developed and well known modules?

This is only a :Ban() function, not a full ban module.

1 Like
What feature would you like to see?
  • RankBan()
  • Unban()
  • DisplayNameBan()
  • All of them

0 voters

What’s the point of it when you can only ban? Kinda useless if you can’t unban in my personal opinion.

What you just said have no sense at all. You said it’s can only ban then you said you can’t ban.

Spelling mistake. Should of been “unbanned”. Fixed it now.

This is not a unban module. It’s only to add a extra function for non-experienced scripters.

I’m not gonna work on this anymore for the simple reason that I am making my own ‘Squid Game’, lately, it’s really on trend so I wanted to try it out. That does not mean the module will be deleted. You are free to use it or not.

1 Like

Am I allowed to make my own version of this module?

but the code in this image, you dont need the module for this

The module shortens a few lines of code into a simple line of code. You could create your own ban system or use this module to speed up the process.

Of course. But you must credit me.