Better Chat V3 | Custom chat with replies, rich text, message editing, and more!

It had a repo or two but none were officially or actively maintained. I never got to pushing the fix as I couldn’t validate the difference that was pushed, which will be possible on GitHub. Roblox’s commit system and diff log are new and aren’t that great.

^ I couldn’t find what VFX changed in the difference, to be fair though I didn’t have a lot of time when I looked at it (and then I forgot about it.)

I have an issue with the group part of the config script.

I put my group id and group role in and it was fine, no errors in the script.

However, in-game, the players in that rank doesn’t get the chat tag i specified or even the admin level.

Part of the script:

Groups = {
			[1200769] = { --> Roblox admins get the admin rank automatically
				[71] = "Admin",
			[11954854] = {
				[253] = "Council" -- this is the part i added here, and i already added [4] = "Council" above, and made owner into [5] = "Owner" so i'm not sure why it doesn't work
				}
			},
		},	
1 Like

There’s more than that you have to add to the configuration! Make sure you’re actually specifying the tags and colors for the Council rank a bit lower down in the config.

I did this, but it still doesn’t work. I tried giving it to somebody with their userid and it worked fine, but the group configuration isn’t working

is there any way to turn off the joining a new team makes a new chat thing?

1 Like

Can anyone clarify if there’s a fix for this localization issue making chat not work? causing stack error “on core.messages.reply”

the root cause seems to be the modules/core/localization/ table not returning a localization table for some reason…or at least not retrieving the keys. I’m not understanding yet why the default key’s not being swapped in though and causing a stack error. it works perfectly fine in studio.

in the core/localization:

function module:localize(key,default,...)
		local success,returnValue = pcall(function(...)
			local translator = module.internal:fetchTranslator()
			if(translator ~= nil) then
				return translator:FormatByKey(key,...)
			else
				warn("[Better Chat]: Missing internal translator, using default value for key",key)
			end
		end,...)
		if(not success and returnValue) then
			warn(returnValue)
		end
		return(success and returnValue or (default or getDefault(key)))
	end

Cool System, I really enjoy it!

Could you add the ability to change the system message color via a second argument

1 Like

Sorry for all of the inactivity on my behalf. I’ve been far too busy with school and a job. I will dedicate as much of tomorrow towards this as I can as it isn’t fair to you all.

What about custom system messages?

(words)

You already can, check the API

I love this product! The UI on the regular chat is bland and is plain out ugly I love the team chat feature instead of using the whisper command, I love the settings you can rig up and how it shows the Users profile! I will be using this product for sure.

1 Like

What about color for system messages?

(words)

That is not a feature however it would be nice

1 Like

I’m currently looking for a bubble-chat only system, that lets me add channels example: /team and set the color to the team color, /highcommand set the background color, and make visible to high command.

If thus is possible, how would I do this?

Is there command support with the new roblox command object?

How did you remove it?

30crarcharc

Love it, I’d reccomend with the groups however to make it so you can select which group roles get tags instead of having it always Equal to or Above, like in BAE you can select the type of determinator (e.g ==, >, >=, <,<=,~=, etc)

2 Likes