Better Inventory System?

Hi,

Currently i have inventory system like this:

• Loading DataStore with inventory on server
  • Creating folder inside player and inside this folder i create number/boolean/string values that represent items in my inventory
  • At the client i update my inventory frame everytime something removing/adding into this Folder
  • Saving inventory everytime player leave. Im Taking everything from Folder and put the most important data from it into table that im saving using dataStore.

I think i can make it don’t create inventory folder, but instead i will everytime i want to add something into inventory i will update my datastore (so it will save everytime i want to update it not when leaving) and when i change something i will fireclient using remote event and update inventory.

What do you guys think of this idea? I feel like this is bad because it will probably yield (you can get items very fast) and so sometimes it can not save my inventory. Also are there any differece if i create inventory folder not inside player, but inside ReplicatedStorage > Folder with all players > My Player? If you have any ideas how make inventory i would like to read it!

1 Like

Search before posting.

Dude that doesn’t help people. If you bothered to read the comments of that post you linked you will discover the code has a lot of bugs and the dev has quit ROBLOX.
Saying “Search” is the easy response.

6 Likes

Search first anyway. There are many other inventory systems.