Open Source Advanced Inventory System

Hey!
I am going to open source my inventory system I finished in a week.
It comes with fully datastore saving everything you have equipped and in inventory aswell as a custom hotbar.

This Inventory contains :

• Weight system ( Every item has a weight and the character can only have X amount of weight equippable )
  • Drop/Equip system
  • Auto Sort of items
  • No Stack system ( I didnt know how to make items stackable, I’ve made it work in recent inventory which I won’t open source yet ^^ )
  • Item Description

Every Item is editable very nicely in a module.

This is by far not the best Inventory system but I didnt see that many good readable open source inventorys yet so I just want to open source it!
If you find any bugs/problems simply reply and see if anyone can fix it. I won’t continue working on this inventory due to it beeing outdated for my skilllevel.
InventorySystemFREE.rbxl (91.5 KB)

471 Likes

Wow! So many great things out there!

This will help all upcoming developers who are making games that require an inventory system!

My hats down to you!

24 Likes

Nice inventory system, this can be useful for developers who are making a game with this type of system needed! The UI, the charater showing and all the items on the right is cool, nice work!

:+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah, It can be used everywhere and changed to anything.
I can see it working in a simulator and in RPG’s, like everywhere where you need a inventory system ^^

5 Likes

Looks awesome! Thanks a lot for this. Will be using it in some of my projects.

3 Likes

Very nice!

I looked at it, was able to modify it, so the player’s walkspeed is changed depending on the weight.
There is possibly many other countless things you can do, but this is amazing and I will most likely learn how this works and implement it into some other later projects.

4 Likes

Woah that makes me so happy to hear that!
There is alot of good code in that in terms of optimisation and saftiness

1 Like

I have made an inventory system like this about 2 years ago, this one is very nicely set-up and much more polished than mine. I am sure stacking isn’t very hard for this inventory system and hopefully you can figure it out! Good work!

3 Likes

Would this work for pets too??

2 Likes

I believe stacking is possible with this aswell, but it’s harder to do.
In my newest inventory system stacking is done aswell repositioning of items.

3 Likes

Depends on the pets and what they should be able to do. But I think it’s possible yeah :))
Or atleast get in the right direction

3 Likes

Nice! I love this.

Well, this is going to happen? I would like to see this, this would help me.

There is a chance but I am not sure yet :wink:

4 Likes

Really cool and great work, I might try this out sometime.

2 Likes

this is defiantly interesting
i don’t exactly need an inventory system like this but i will defiantly check the code and see how it works, thanks!

2 Likes

Does this inventory save? I mean like is a saving functionality included or do we need to add our own?

1 Like

Np, we are always here dude :smiley:

1 Like

That so nice to hear!
I wish you good luck with your game!
Perhaps share your game when it’s done here with the Inventory system :wink:

1 Like

Another reply from me, I am thinking about releasing my newest inventory system which is alot, like alot better in terms of logic, functionalities and just everything. Comes with Drag n Drop, Max Slots, Item changing position and alot more.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

4 Likes

Do it! Would love to see it :slight_smile:

1 Like