Better Support for Multi-screen setups

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to use Studio with my multiscreen computer setup as it doesn’t save the Toolbar layouts I employ when I launch the program the next time (as well as studio launching to a different screen than was last used in). It sometimes saves a state that is fairly close to the layout I employed but not accurately as toolbars are often changed size/placement.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because

1. As a coder it is much more comfortable to have an entire screen size to work with for writing scripts and a screen sized output for highly detailed logging or other toolbars with the output for much more fluent debugging.
  2. For game design/creating models it eases the workflow incredibly as there’s little scrolling or managing the toolbars display order as they would be stacked in most scenarios of a single-screen setup.

Here’s a simple proposition of possible layouts for those who use multiple monitors joined as one screen:

Although the vast majority of Developers on Roblox potentially have a basic screen setup I do not see it as much of a stretch for Roblox Studio to adapt it’s compatibility as such.

15 Likes